Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution

Jennwith2ns
Jennwith2ns Posts: 296 Member
edited September 20 in Chit-Chat
Has anyone else been watching this? I don't have cable so I didn't catch it when it first came on, but I am watching it on Hulu. Good and eye-opening so far! I am on episode 3 and I think Hulu has 6 or 7 episodes up.

Replies

• bunnigun
    bunnigun Posts: 12
    I really enjoyed the show. I found it ironic when I was watching it on Hulu that the commercials were for processed foods and a kids nutritional drink which is the equivalent of that sugary milk he so loathes. Have you seen the chicken nuggets experiment yet?
  • stefanienoel
    stefanienoel Posts: 17 Member
    My daughter and I watched the entire series, and I was shocked at how many preservatives and chemicals were added to the foods that they serve in the school cafeteria's. Definitely made me take a second look at what we were eating, and my daughter is now boycotting the school lunches until they make improvements.
  • evilcat666
    evilcat666 Posts: 2
    Read "The Omnivore's Dilemma", it'll get your 'no processed foods' motors running........
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    I really enjoyed this show! I wish it was still on! Did you see how on TMZ Gordon Ramsey was bad mouthing Jamie! I think Jamie is doing a great job! Hope more schools and parents help changes things!
  • Jennwith2ns
    Jennwith2ns Posts: 296 Member
    Ugh yeah I saw the nugget thing.. nasty! I knew the choices at schools were bad, but HOW bad it is I was shocked by. I honestly can't see why anyone would badmouth him.. what could they possible say AGAINST wanting children and adults to be healthier!
This discussion has been closed.