Chocolate Lover...need suggestions

Options

Replies

• bluepacific71
    Options
    Get a bag of dark chocolate chips, like for baking cookies. 1 serving = 1 TBSP = 70 calories. Pop them one at a time and let them dissolve - will take a good half hour to get through them! And measure with a food scale so you get every gram allowed :wink:
  • splashwags
    splashwags Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I too love chocolate. My vote would be allow yourself the square of reeeaallly goood dark chocolate such as Green and Black and know you are putting something non-processed into your system.
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    i love the ghiardelli dark chocolate squares, but my current go to has been the emerald cocoa roast almonds. the nutrition info is similar to plain almonds, but instead of being coated in salt, they are roasted with dark cocoa powder.
  • KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    for an extra specia dark chocolate treat, I made a brownie recipe, has no sugar!

2 very riped bananas (smashed well)
    1 c. unsweetened applesauce

Mix these two ingredients together very well. Gradually stir in remaining ingredients:

1/4 c. flax seed mill
    1/4 c. flour
    1/4 c. cocoa powder
    1/4 c. dark chocolate chips
    dash salt
    1/2 tsp. vanilla

Spread into 8x8 pan, Bake at 350^ for 25 minutes. Let cool before cutting. Cut into 16 bars. 51 calories each.

Sounds delicious and only 51 Calories! Thanks, I will definitely have to try this!!!
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    If I can't find really good dark chocolate, one piece of Dove dark chocolate savored slowly. Their little pieces aren't really that bad. Just plan for it whatever you choose.

Dove squares are great. 42 calories each. I break them in to 3 pieces and enjoy them slooooooowly.

Why giveup that small amount of joy?

I would give up something else before i gave up a little dark chocolate.
  • RachelD9311
    RachelD9311 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    All are good suggestions, but once you taste the 85% dark from Green and Black (organic), you will not want anything else.

Wow, those only have about 20 calories per piece and a good amount of iron. I will definitely try this brand next time I'm craving something rich. Thanks for the suggestion!
  • msshiraz
    msshiraz Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Life is too short not to have good chocolate- especially since you like the dark! I keep it at home too, when I need some, I never need a lot, and I don't feel deprived. Lindt is great, so is Ghiradelli.
    Another treat I love- bowl of strawberries (or mixed berries even better.........fresh) and drizzle dark chocolate syrup over. You don't need much- its amazing!
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I say eat your small piece of dark choclate after dinner every day - but make sure you save calories for it.
  • smichelle65
    smichelle65 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I just discovered Atkins Endulge line of peanut butter cups--made with milk chocolate. A serving is two cups @160 calories and no sugar. The cups are only slightly smaller than the Reese's cups, and they taste better, imho.

Also love the Skinny Cow chocolate-covered wafer bars @ 100 calories/bar.
  • AmandaDawnRN
    AmandaDawnRN Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Wow lots of great suggestions!! I'm making a shopping list and planning to try the Green and Black. Where's the best place to buy this?
  • Mom0819
    Mom0819 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Klondike No Sugar Added Ice Cream Sandwich - 100 calories
  • veggieluver2
    veggieluver2 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Aldi's Moser Roth 85 %
    Ghiradelli's 100 %

Eat it and enjoy---in moderation, of course.:happy:
  • styledsky
    styledsky Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Never give up good quality chocolate! This is my pick for the best of the best that I've had:
    http://www.valrhona-chocolate.com/ampamakia

One square of that is quite big in size, so break it into pieces. Let it dissolve slowly on your tongue and move it around your mouth to get all the various flavours from it. Never just chomp through chocolate - it should be savoured from the unwrap, the snap (break it), the smell, texture, gloss, etc. All senses should be engaged or you're missing out on part/s of the experience.

Chocolate is a passion of mine, not that you can tell (much) from that post... :)
  • AmandaDawnRN
    AmandaDawnRN Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Love this from one addict to another. I need to stop and smell my chocolate more!!
    Never give up good quality chocolate! This is my pick for the best of the best that I've had:
    http://www.valrhona-chocolate.com/ampamakia

One square of that is quite big in size, so break it into pieces. Let it dissolve slowly on your tongue and move it around your mouth to get all the various flavours from it. Never just chomp through chocolate - it should be savoured from the unwrap, the snap (break it), the smell, texture, gloss, etc. All senses should be engaged or you're missing out on part/s of the experience.

Chocolate is a passion of mine, not that you can tell (much) from that post... :)
  • carpetbagger12000
    carpetbagger12000 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    One square of 80% dark chocolate with a cup of tea every day keeps my cravings at bay.
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    I love my chocolate. Fiber one brownies are my favorite "healthy" dessert. But it's hard to eat just one! But if you eat more than one, you definitely regret it...

Also, strawberries with cool whip!
  • EjaneK11
    EjaneK11 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried the fiber one brownies which are 90 calories? I love chocolate too and yesterday bought Reese's. I loved every moment of it but the calories was depressing. So I am hoping the fiber one brownies will help.
  • Four_Leaf_Clover
    Four_Leaf_Clover Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I second cocoa roast almonds. You can buy them - or even make your own with egg whites, cocoa powder, and sugar.

I got a small tin of dark chocolate from Trader Joe's - the pieces are little wedges - very rich and dark and satisfying. They also carry a 100 calorie dark chocolate bar, but I have not tried them.

My favorite would be dark chocolate covered almonds from Whole Foods, but those area little pricier in terms of calories.
  • sabimausl85
    sabimausl85 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    someone told me about the arctic zero ice cream. in different flavors. also chocolate, and only 150kcal a PINT!!!
  • devore06
    Options
    Try pb2 chocolate flavor it an all natural powdered PB just add water and mix it together it is only 45 cals eat it with some fruit