way over calories

Options
Yesterday and today I worked from 6am to 3 pm( work in a supermarket) and ate horrible i ate all my calories plus a lot more. How do I get back on track? I feel like a total failure . :frown: :embarassed:

Replies

• thintor
    Options
    tomorrow's a new day. you are not a failure, you are a human being. best thing to do is to learn from your mistakes and try to make better choices tomorrow.
    don't sweat the small stuff!
    good luck :)
  • jsuaccounting
    jsuaccounting Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    For the last couple of weeks I have been overeating one day a week on purpose - ala cheat day. Doesn't seem to keep me from losing weight. I wouldnt' worry about it if you are lower calorie the rest of the week.
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    It's a lifestyle change. one deviation doesn't spoil the journey. So, okay, you went over today. drink extra water, dust yourself off and get back on track NOW -- if you can, try to shave 100 calories off each day the rest of the week.
  • Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Eat a little less tomorrow, and try to squeeze in an extra workout when you can. Maybe skip a snack and go for a walk instead. In a few days, your "oops" day(s) will be behind you!
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Yesterday and today I worked from 6am to 3 pm( work in a supermarket) and ate horrible i ate all my calories plus a lot more. How do I get back on track? I feel like a total failure . :frown: :embarassed:

You just do. Don't lose sleep over it. Just keep going. It's a marathon, not a sprint. Plan better, do better. One day at a time. :smile:
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    ...and it is all small stuff!

One day at a time, one meal at a time.
  • jonibc
    jonibc Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is a new day. count the calories, drink lots of water, and do better tomorrow.
  • Timehope
    Timehope Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You are bound to be less hungry tomorrow. That sets the stage for a great return to your diet. If anything, you'll be more successful the next few days because of your splurge today.
  • vllasher
    Options
    There will be days like that. Sometimes it's a special occasion, like a birthday or Thanksgiving, sometimes it's just a day when things don't go well. I just try to be sure my week is not over, so if I end up over on a day or two I just eat lots of vegetables and fish the rest of the week, and maybe step up my exercise program a little if I've been really over. I've been keeping track since early October, and am finding it easier all the time to make good choices. Now I often find that I'm not over even when I think I will be. The only way to fail is to quit trying. Hang in there.
  • Cinflo58
    Cinflo58 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    You overate for 2 days. I did the same today. I ate 5 pumpkin muffins fresh out of the oven. Then I figured out the calories and they were 200 calories each! So tomorrow I am going to walk as fast as I can for 2 hours and eat healthy foods all day.
    The moral of the story is just get back on tract tomorrow,
  • Thank You all for your support!
    I tend to try to be so perfect I ended up setting myself up for failure. I am going to let go, do a workout and plan better next time .
  • LCgymnast
    Options
    Don't feel guilty. Everybody has a day of going over or not making the best choices. When I realize I need to get back on track, I plan the next couple of days and follow the schedule as strict as I can. Such as I'll eat tons of fruits, vegetables, and protein to help my body get all the gunk out. Plus drinking water makes me feel better too. Good Luck. You can get right back on track soon. No problem!
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Don't focus on your day, it is your week that matters. If you are following the 3500 calorie weekly deficit (or 500 calories per day) way of thinking, you just need to adjust the rest of your week. If you have the the smart phone app it is really easy to see where you are for the week. When I go over my calories, I just log the extra calories over the next few days so that I don't eat them accidentally. Whatever you do, just don't give up. Start tomorrow fresh, and plan ahead next time.
  • Mayafairesta
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it. That is a lot of work - lot of standing, bending walking etc. I don't know exactly what you did, but make sure you have your job set at the right acitivity level. I have a job which can be very sedentary (most of the time) but sometimes I have to walk a lot. I set my activity level sedentary but on the days when I have to walk a lot I log it as exercise.

If you have a craving for certain kinds of food and you ate too much of that, you can always promise yourself a "treat" at the end of your shift. That way, you can look forward to it, instead of gorging on them during your shift.
  • barb1241
    barb1241 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Thank You all for your support!
    I tend to try to be so perfect I ended up setting myself up for failure. I am going to let go, do a workout and plan better next time .

Nobody is perfect. Not even me ;-) Not even you. Thankfully, we are all human and we can make mistakes, learn from them, get back up and dust off then start over. Maybe it was a mini wake up call for you to be on guard when you have to work that shift again so you can prepare better-have healthy on plan stuff ready instead of just eating whatever is handy-so-it was worth it if it can help you for next time. good job!
  • brittamh
    brittamh Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Remember tomorrow is a new day