Garcinia Cambogia Extract?

Options
Who knows anything about Garcinia Cambogia Extract? Yay or nay?

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Doctor Oz approves, therefore it's probably bull****. Better yet, he called it "the holy grail of weightloss", therefore it's DEFINITELY bull****.
  • hnewell1030
    Options
    my sister works for a holistic chiropractor and they offer some crazy expensive diet program so I asked her to ask the dr about this and he said it is for your heart, not saying it wouldnt work but supposedly its just for your heart. I was thinking about picking up a bottle just to see what happens
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    BS. No supplement will work unless your nutrition is right. Get eating right and the rest follows suit.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • joesamuel2001
    joesamuel2001 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    One of my wife's co-worker takes it and she lost lot of pounds. I have eaten the natural fruit and also dried version in my cooking. Not bad... but I never tried the pill kind.
  • kelr0110
    kelr0110 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    BS. No supplement will work unless your nutrition is right. Get eating right and the rest follows suit.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I agree with this. I'm so irritated with everything that is claiming to "fill you up" and "suppress cravings". It's BS and I'm over it. Dr. Oz said white kidney bean extract or some crap which i bought into. No. More high fiber foods? Nope. Handful of almonds as a snack....no I want the bag please. More protein rich foods! No.

The newest is chia seeds, which people are swearing by - they haven't done anything for me. Shocker.

I do know what to eat, but I'm totally over these types of things with these claims. Sorry didn't mean to go on a rant, and i sincerely hope they work for other people, but i'll just have to find other means lol.
  • 55AngelH55
    Options
    Ok. :( My problem isn't that I need help "filling up" or "suppressing cravings."
    I was looking for something to boost my metabolism WITHOUT any chemicals that would make my heart race. I have chronic anxiety and a history of high resting heart rate.

**Is** there anything that truly targets belly fat? I *am* eating "right" - healthy choices - feel free to check my journal.
    The last several days I observed a religious fast and did not count anything... but generally speaking, you can see what's there.
    I do exercise daily and to my fullest potential.
    So
    I guess that's all I can do?
    I'm by NO means lazy or looking for a quick fix... I just thought it seemed like something possibly worth pursuing.

Here's the link to the article that made me curious:
    http://www.iconsumerdigest.com/garc.asp?o1=GARC1&source=yab&c1=&popup=1&tri=
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Basically everything that I have seen that actually works is loaded with stimulants. That would make pretty much all of them a no-no for you, from what I understand.

As for targeting bellyfat, no. There was maybe one half-assed study done that gave a VERY small amount of credibility to the idea of 'spot loss', but even that was discredited in pretty short order. Overall weight loss is all you can do. My wife deals with the same thing. She's getting all kinds of muscle definition everywhere, and her boobs have dropped a full cup size, but she still can't see even the slightest glimmer of abs yet.

It is what it is, sadly.
  • kelr0110
    kelr0110 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Ok. :( My problem isn't that I need help "filling up" or "suppressing cravings."
    I was looking for something to boost my metabolism WITHOUT any chemicals that would make my heart race. I have chronic anxiety and a history of high resting heart rate.

**Is** there anything that truly targets belly fat? I *am* eating "right" - healthy choices - feel free to check my journal.
    The last several days I observed a religious fast and did not count anything... but generally speaking, you can see what's there.
    I do exercise daily and to my fullest potential.
    So
    I guess that's all I can do?
    I'm by NO means lazy or looking for a quick fix... I just thought it seemed like something possibly worth pursuing.

Here's the link to the article that made me curious:
    http://www.iconsumerdigest.com/garc.asp?o1=GARC1&source=yab&c1=&popup=1&tri=

Ah okay - sorry to jump to conclusions. The "full feeling" helpers have been on my mind lately because I just discussed this with my friend yesterday and my boyfriend today lol. Another friend mentioned Saffron...I'm like OMG enough is enough.
  • alettep
    alettep Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I recommend doing a google search-lots out there that there is no proof that it's effective & there are some scary side effects.....
  • synergyabc
    synergyabc Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I recently lost quite a few lbs doing P90X. I was 4 weeks into my second round and hit a plateau. I seen what Dr Oz said and purchased a bottle of Super Citrimax (60% Garcinia Cambogia). A few days after I started taking them I re-injured my lower back and haven't been able to exercise due to sciatica pains. Anyway, I kept taking the pills..... now I've been taking them for about 3 weeks and have lost weight on a daily basis. I also have anxiety issues along with a high resting heart rate. I have had absolutely no negative effects and am extremely surprised at how I am suddenly just dropping weight. Especially since I haven't been able to exercise. You can friend me and see my progress before you try it. Hopefully soon I will be able to get back on my routine. I can't wait to see what will happen when I'm able to do P90X with them!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    I recently lost quite a few lbs doing P90X. I was 4 weeks into my second round and hit a plateau. I seen what Dr Oz said and purchased a bottle of Super Citrimax (60% Garcinia Cambogia). A few days after I started taking them I re-injured my lower back and haven't been able to exercise due to sciatica pains. Anyway, I kept taking the pills..... now I've been taking them for about 3 weeks and have lost weight on a daily basis. I also have anxiety issues along with a high resting heart rate. I have had absolutely no negative effects and am extremely surprised at how I am suddenly just dropping weight. Especially since I haven't been able to exercise. You can friend me and see my progress before you try it. Hopefully soon I will be able to get back on my routine. I can't wait to see what will happen when I'm able to do P90X with them!
    When one stops exercises, then storage of water and glycogen are reduced which also reduces the water/glycogen weight. The reverse happens when one first starts an exercise program. Realize that to lose a pound of fat you'd need to burn off an excess of 3500 calorie above and beyond your regular metabolic rate.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • kms1320
    kms1320 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I agree with this. I'm so irritated with everything that is claiming to "fill you up" and "suppress cravings". It's BS and I'm over it. Dr. Oz said white kidney bean extract or some crap which i bought into. No. More high fiber foods? Nope. Handful of almonds as a snack....no I want the bag please. More protein rich foods! No.

there IS something that fills you up and suppresses appetite and you can have as much as you want..

water!
  • apostle22
    Options
    I just started taking this a few days ago. No side effects so far. The bottle I have would give me a 10 day supply. I started my workout/diet 10 days prior to buying it coincidentally.

After 10 days of working out/diet without pills I lost 6 pounds.

I will report back next week with how much I lost in 10 days with the pills and keeping my workout/diet schedule.

I usually maintain a strict eating schedule and always get super hungry when I get home from work. Its been hit and miss with the pills. Some days I feel it had no affect on my appetite while others I make myself eat.

Get back to you soon with more details...
  • jeshhh
    jeshhh Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Personally, I haven't noticed any change yet while taking them, but then--I've been inconsistent, like I am with most vitamins and supplements.
  • apostle22
    Options
    ^^ Yeah i dont know if they are working weight loss wise, but some days i do notice the lack of appetite. Last night for example, I ate my mid day snack (pb and jelly sandwich) around 4 and didnt have a desire to eat the rest of the day. I still ate, but only because I needed calories. I've been really consistent with them, taking them 3 times a day 30 minutes before I eat. I'm curious to see what, if anything, happens
  • jmariscal3
    jmariscal3 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Am looking into this myself only because a friend of mine brought it to my attention today. She has the coffee with Garcinia Cambogia and has lost 8 pounds in two weeks. She exercises and eats healthy, but since the coffee has noticed the weight loss. I am curious to see if this can help me. She has had no side effects at all. Her sister also takes it, but has lost no pounds but has lost inches. I tried the Rasberry Ketones from Dr. Oz and did not work. I have been at my fitness since last July and am showing no scale changes, but I am also lifting weights so not sure if that factors in. I am thinking of buying a bottle and seeing if it changes anything or not. I read mixed reviews of it, but the majority of people state it works for them.
  • apostle22
    Options
    I was going to weigh myself at 10 days using the product but I got curious. After 8 days, I lost a whopping 1 pound, which i'm pretty sure had nothing to do with the product. All in all, they were pretty worthless to me. Other than a couple of times, I never felt like my appetite was suppressed and it obviously didnt help much with weight loss.

10 days without the pills - 6 lbs lost
    8 days with - 1 lb lost

I alternate days between cardio and weights and work out 7 days a week. I know I have gained muscle and thinking thats why my weight loss evened out, but still....i dont think these pills did anything.....well i take that back, they made my walled 20 dollars lighter....dont listen to Dr's on tv....even if they are one in real life
  • copperpenny5
    Options
    Hi jmariscal3 I was wondering if you have had any sucessful results yet on the Garcinia Camogia yet. I have just orded a bottle to aid in my weight loss. I too have been working out for a month now and eatting way less than I normaly eat and no movement on the scale. Hope it works a little.

copperpenny5
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Who knows anything about Garcinia Cambogia Extract? Yay or nay?

Doctor Oz talked about it on his show a little while back... which means you shouldn't take it.

It won't make you lose weight
  • pchinn73
    pchinn73 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How much have you lost now :smile: