Yo Yo Dieter wants to do it right for good this time!!

Options
Hi, guys! I'm new to MFP, but I totally love that I can keep up with what I eat, really track my calories, and make friends who can help motivate me with this tool! I've been a yo -yo dieter since I was probably 15 years old. Four years ago, I got up to 230 pounds. I was 21 and had high blood pressure, and told myself I needed to lose the weight for my health. Two years ago, I finally got down to 160 pounds. I looked and felt awesome about myself, but I really did not do it the healthy way. I would hardly eat anything and when I did, it was not packed full of nutrients. I quit smoking cigarettes with my boyfriend (now husband) and from that point, put on about 20 pounds. Went back on a diet, took phentermine for our wedding, and got down to 169. Five months later, I'm 194. So upset with myself for ruining all the hard work I did for two years staying below my high school weight and now heavier. My goal is to get down to the weight that makes me feel good about me (160 pounds) and then continue the weight loss to my best body ever. I tend to lose the motivation when I see results, but this time I want to make a life change. I want to take control of my weight so I can get my body ready for babies and put me in the routine of eating well for the rest of my life. First day, I feel good about the life style change. I loved the greens I ate today and the orange. I forgot how good real food is! Too bad my husband is such a picky eater. The man doesn't eat anything green...only corn and potatoes for him. I'm not going to say that he is to blame for my bad food decisions in the past, but it does make it difficult to eat healthy when his diet is strictly meat and starch. :) I hope to make new friends who will continue to motivate me in their weight loss! It's always better when you have friends that are working towards a similar goal! Feel free to friend me!

Replies

• trhops
    trhops Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I see no one responded to this thread. I was searching for previous yoyo dieters. I am one of those past yo yo dieters who did very low cal diets and would always lose. Now I am trying to lose again the right way and not having the luck I wanted. I feel like my clothes are getting looser, but scale has not budged much yet. I am afraid my BMR is actually lower than the calculations because of past dieting for years. I am experimeting right now with different calories. Once I can afford one of those tests to have my BMR tested I am. I read so much on here, about do this, do that and everyone is different so I think it takes experimenting to figure out what works best.

I'll add you as a friend and best of luck on your journey!
  • groke101
    Options
    Hi BHPrince, and welcome. I have been on MFP since last August and I find it very motivating. I too have bee a it of a yo-yo dieter but I have managed to lose weight using this site and have only the highest praise for it. People are very supportive and, as long as you keep honest with our food and exercise diary, you can really learn to eat properly again, I know that I still have some way to go, but I have learned so much about how to eat well.

Feel free to add me as a friend, and good luck.
  • ohenry78
    ohenry78 Posts: 228
    Options
    I most definitely know what you mean. I lost 30-some pounds for my wedding in 2011 (I needed to lose more than that, but it still made me look better) and then I gained it all back and then some. A couple life events have me back on the losing path, and it feels like this is the time where I finally get it under control. Feel free to add me, I log every day and comment/support/etc when I can :)
  • MyEbonyEyes
    Options
    I hear ya me too!