Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Green tea can replace water?

I am wondering if drinking green tea can be calculate as a glass of water (replace water)? thanks. What about coffee?

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    I am wondering if drinking green tea can be calculate as a glass of water (replace water)? thanks. What about coffee?

There is no reason not to, though many will tell you not to. Some people choose to count only plain water. Some have the misconception that the small amount of caffeine in coffee and tea causes dehydration (it doesn't).
  • nathxxxx
    nathxxxx Posts: 7 Member
    Great! thanks. I looked on internet about this and I couldn't find good answers.
  • ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member

My fiancée manages a clinic in a very well established chain that runs a medically supervised weight loss plan (40+ clinics for over 40 years) and their advice to patients is that any non-calorie drink has the same effect as water.
  • myfitnesslife75
    myfitnesslife75 Posts: 163 Member
    I've read on several websites that green tea is better than water. I always drink green tea.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Yeah it's fine. Drink whatever you want- if your pee is light in color, you're perfectly hydrated. You don't need a water counter's input.
  • nathxxxx
    I'm very glad to read your answers because some people follow rules and the rule is to drink only water. No scientific studies have been done comparing drinking pure water vs tea or coffee and weight lost (but i'll look at this). There're no open mine about replacing water with some diuretic drinks that has no calorie, and we know that diuretic lead to weight lost. In my mine, tap water may be full of hormones and other compounds that we don't know about. Ex: women's taking birth control pills and cancer treated patient's that goes to the bathroom and leave several chemical products while going to the bathroom. Then this water is filtered and get back in ours clean water. I believe that once boil, some of these metabolic wast added to antioxidant compounds such as green tes may be less harmful. But again we need scientific studies to prove this. Yeh, water is essential to life. In lost weight business we most drink water but water is in all food (even a steak ) you eat, it just an extra work for the kidneys and probably more exposition to chemical products. This lead me to my other question: can we lost as much weight if we don't drink our 8 grasses of pure water but keep up with recommenced calories intake?
  • MoreBean13
    I'm very glad to read your answers because some people follow rules and the rule is to drink only water. No scientific studies have been done comparing drinking pure water vs tea or coffee and weight lost (but i'll look at this). There're no open mine about replacing water with some diuretic drinks that has no calorie, and we know that diuretic lead to weight lost. In my mine, tap water may be full of hormones and other compounds that we don't know about. Ex: women's taking birth control pills and cancer treated patient's that goes to the bathroom and leave several chemical products while going to the bathroom. Then this water is filtered and get back in ours clean water. I believe that once boil, some of these metabolic wast added to antioxidant compounds such as green tes may be less harmful. But again we need scientific studies to prove this. Yeh, water is essential to life. In lost weight business we most drink water but water is in all food (even a steak ) you eat, it just an extra work for the kidneys and probably more exposition to chemical products. This lead me to my other question: can we lost as much weight if we don't drink our 8 grasses of pure water but keep up with recommenced calories intake?
    As long as you stay hydrated it makes no difference where the fluids come from. You can lose the weight exactly the same as long as you are hydrated and your calories are on target.
  • nathxxxx
    Sorry for mistakes. I wrote fast, on my phone and I'm French. I will take the time next time to write as much well as I can and hope to be understanding.
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Keep in mind that green tea can have caffeine in it which is not only dehydrating but also a stimulant. Not sure how far that would play into the equation, but certainly unsweetened green tea is superior to, say, diet soda, or some chemically enhanced artificial non-food like crystal light or mio.

Our bodies consist mostly of water, and there's really no substitute for it. Just stay away from anything dehydrating, artificially chemical-enhanced or overly sugary as your main hydration source would be my advice. Some folk have a tough time chugging water and I do understand that. I used to also. However, I will say that now that I'm used to straight-up water, there's really nothing that does a better job at hydrating me, period.

Scientific studies ... web sites ... whatever. The interwebs is full of conflicting information about thousands of subjects. At some point you have to use common sense and go with the most straightforward, non-complicated solution, usually brought to you by people who aren't trying to sell you on some product for their own gain.
  • stacylperry
    stacylperry Posts: 66 Member
    Green tea :smile: pomagranate tea :smile: black tea :wink: white tea :laugh: purple tea YUM :drinker:
    I love green tea, heck... I love lipton tea :love:
    But ~ the nutritionist at Kaiser, my weight loss doctor, and my trainer all say to add WATER to your tea consumption as well.

EX: during and after a work out... an 8oz - 16oz bottle water.

Then go for the green tea !!!!!:drinker: hot, cold, warm.....
  • MoreBean13
    Keep in mind that green tea can have caffeine in it which is not only dehydrating but also a stimulant. Not sure how far that would play into the equation, but certainly unsweetened green tea is superior to, say, diet soda, or some chemically enhanced artificial non-food like crystal light or mio.

Our bodies consist mostly of water, and there's really no substitute for it. Just stay away from anything dehydrating, artificially chemical-enhanced or overly sugary as your main hydration source would be my advice. Some folk have a tough time chugging water and I do understand that. I used to also. However, I will say that now that I'm used to straight-up water, there's really nothing that does a better job at hydrating me, period.

Scientific studies ... web sites ... whatever. The interwebs is full of conflicting information about thousands of subjects. At some point you have to use common sense and go with the most straightforward, non-complicated solution, usually brought to you by people who aren't trying to sell you on some product for their own gain.
    Caffeine isn't dehydrating unless you intake massive doses. In fact- the only beverage that is actually dehydrating is hard liquor.