Go To Recipes???

Options
HELP! I have been getting so bored with some of my food. I don't eat meat, but I eat seafood. What are some of your quick go to recipes, or meals you cook during your weekly meal prep?

Replies

• Songbirdcw
    Songbirdcw Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    HELLO???
  • BamBam125
    BamBam125 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I don't think I understand the question. Isn't seafood a type of meat?
  • SandyAnnP
    SandyAnnP Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hi I would post this in the recipes thread.
    Also tuna is great and there are heaps of recipes for it. Just google lowfat tuna recipes and I am sure you will find plenty. Atlantic salmon baked or panfried with boiled small whole potato, or baked sweet potato or a green salad. :)
  • mariabrii
    Options
    I have a sick obsession with this dish and it is only 320 calories per serving.
    INGREDIENTS
    1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
    1 16-ounce package shelf-stable gnocchi, (see Tip)
    1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
    4 cloves garlic, minced
    1/2 cup water
    6 cups chopped chard leaves, (about 1 small bunch) or spinach
    1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
    1 15-ounce can white beans, rinsed
    1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
    1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
    1/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese

I only use the gnocchi, garlic, spinach and kale, tomatoes, beans, and mozzarella but it is truly AMAZING to eat and colorful. I can't help but to eat ALL of it when I make it (not in one sitting though! it makes 6 servings!) You could even through shrimp in there and it'd taste great.
  • Songbirdcw
    Songbirdcw Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I have a sick obsession with this dish and it is only 320 calories per serving.
    INGREDIENTS
    1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
    1 16-ounce package shelf-stable gnocchi, (see Tip)
    1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
    4 cloves garlic, minced
    1/2 cup water
    6 cups chopped chard leaves, (about 1 small bunch) or spinach
    1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
    1 15-ounce can white beans, rinsed
    1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
    1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
    1/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese

I only use the gnocchi, garlic, spinach and kale, tomatoes, beans, and mozzarella but it is truly AMAZING to eat and colorful. I can't help but to eat ALL of it when I make it (not in one sitting though! it makes 6 servings!) You could even through shrimp in there and it'd taste great.

Sounds super good. I will try. Thanks!
  • kkaycam
    kkaycam Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    tuna and brown rice is one of my staples.
    I drain a can of tuna, add soy sauce, rice vinegar, and mirin (or a dash of sweetener i.e., honey or sugar)
    mix my tuna, add a cup of brown rice and chopped up green onions.. It's super cheap and very tasty! You can also add a little bit of mayo if you like.. Filling and less then 450 calories!
    sometimes i add chopped cucumber and grape tomatoes
  • Whirlagirl
    Options
    Taco Soup (I Crockpot it to prepare then freeze individual portion to reheat during the week)
    http://www.food.com/recipe/vegetarian-taco-soup-29121

Jamie Eason's Pumpkin Spice Pancakes (These are amazing and freeze well)
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/video-jamie-eason-pumpkin-spice-pancakes.htm
  • izoom3
    izoom3 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Earlier this week I threw together this. 1 Pkg bay scallops, in frypan with a bit of coconut oil. Saute until white. added a can of diced tomatoes, a few spices, a little water to thin some mushrooms (only had canned in house). and put it over Shirataki noodles. My husband doesnt like the Shirataki noodles so I put his over whole wheat. It was pretty good and fast.

I also take greenshell mussels (frozen) and put them in a pot with a tight lid, some water, some light smart balance, garlic a chopped up roma tomato and then steam 10 minutes I put it over the Shirataki noodles also.

Ahi tuna, I cant stand it just seared but I put it in a fry pan with a bit of coconut oil and some spices...takes just a few minutes add an veggie on the side and yum.

TVP is a quick go to. Just rehydrate, and add to a pasta sauce use over pasta or rice. Use in lasagna. Anywhere a recipe calls for ground beef use tvp.