Green Tea :)

Options
Is it really THAT good for you?

How many do you need to drink a day for it to be any good for u??

Replies

• MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Generally, I would say if you're going to drink it once in while it's not going to have any affect on you.

Over the long term however it has some possible goodness for you.

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/health-benefits-of-green-tea

I usually drink about a cup a day, on average.
  • Fit4Ibiza
    Options
    I drink about 2-3 cups a day as I heard it is supposed to boost metabolism.......
  • mjpra
    mjpra Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Green tea has antioxidants which prevents ageing and even cancer. It does boost metabolism and I have heard many successful weight loss stories from people who drink it on a regular basis. I drink about a cup or two everyday. No milk no sugar.
  • carlybarley22
    carlybarley22 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I have a large green tea from dunkin donuts every morning, no sugar or milk, but I usually forget to log it. I used to be a coffee addict,but green tea gives me a caffeine boost with 0 calories =).
  • Fit4Ibiza
    Options
    I've had 2 coffees this morning

Gonna try and have Green Teas instead from now on xx
  • sun_ny
    sun_ny Posts: 35
    Options
    Green tea and herbal teas are really good for giving you a boost, there are plenty of flavoured varieties around and at only 2 calories a cup they are worth drinking. I heard you have to drink 4 cups a day to notice a difference metabolism/weight wise, but I've no idea if that is true or not!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Drink it if you like, but it's not going to have a magical impact on your metabolism.
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I have 3-5 a day! I like to believe it helps the metabolism.. haha
  • terilou87
    terilou87 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    i love green tea, hated it when i first started to drink it but like it now. its really good for you, i like to chop up a small bit of ginger and mix that in, brilliant for colds and i drank it while pregnant it did wonders for my morning sickness. :)
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I drink about 2-3 cups a day as I heard it is supposed to boost metabolism.......

There have been studies showing that green tea does increase your metabolism; however, it's not enough to make any difference in weight loss. A cup of green tea will increase your metabolism 1%; this effect tops out at two cups (meaning if you drink more, your metabolism won't increase more than 2%). So if you normally burn 2000 calories a day and drink two cups of green tea, you'll burn an extra 40 calories.
  • pink_ribbon_1
    pink_ribbon_1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Drink a big pot every afternoon...quells the munches and helps me get my fluid allotment in for the day. I hear it boosts metabolism, but that might only be at very high doses. Not sure.

I love the Rishi Organic brand. They make a nice varietal with mint.

Enjoy!