Fitbit One syncing with smart phone (Droid)

Options
I am just wondering if anyone's Fitbit One is syncing with their Droid now? I opened the app on my phone and all of a sudden it adjusted my steps to current. Didn't know if this was a fluke or if they finally got the app to sync with Fitbit One.

Replies

• Wakely1965
    Options
    Sounds like a fluke to me! I just bought a Fitbit One and it only syncs to my phone (Droid) when I sync it to my computer. I'm thinking about taking it back and just using a regular pedometer! Also, my Fitbit One is telling me I burned over 1200 calories this morning and all I've done is wake up and sit at the computer so far! That doesn't sound right to me! :grumble:
  • Wakely1965
    Options
    @ Reisomatik- Thanks for that info! That makes sense! I knew our bodies burned calories while sleeping but I didn't know it was that much! :smile:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    It will only sync with the Galaxy S III or Galaxy Note 2. The Fitbit One and Zip use Bluetooth 4.0 low energy. Only a few Android phones have Bluetooth 4.0, but Android has no standard BT 4.0 implementation. The Fitbit folks have programmed the app to work with the Samsung implementation, but is incompatible with others.

It's possible that a future Android update will give universal BT 4.0 support, but it will still only work with phones that have BT 4.0 hardware and get the update.
  • dogpeeps
    dogpeeps Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    It will only sync with the Galaxy S III or Galaxy Note 2. The Fitbit One and Zip use Bluetooth 4.0 low energy. Only a few Android phones have Bluetooth 4.0, but Android has no standard BT 4.0 implementation. The Fitbit folks have programmed the app to work with the Samsung implementation, but is incompatible with others.

It's possible that a future Android update will give universal BT 4.0 support, but it will still only work with phones that have BT 4.0 hardware and get the update.

So can you tell me how it syncs with the Blue tooth with the phones it currently is compatible with? I would like to know for when it might be compatible with my phone.