Intermittent fasting..

Options
I know intermittent fasting comes in lots of different methods.. such as 5:2, or fasting for different times during the day etc.

In the past I've had success with eating 900 calories for 5 days of the week, and then eating what I want for the other two days (mainly the weekend).. would this be considered a variation of intermittent fasting? Or more so zig zagging?

Replies

• Rickd530
    Rickd530 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I don't like it. Your body will "Hoard" calories when you eat normal.
  • lozzieemayjenkins
    lozzieemayjenkins Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I've used this method twice.. I lost 4 stone within 4 months doing it the second time around after I'd had my son.
  • allforthethrill
    allforthethrill Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I stick to a low calorie intake most days of the week as well. I get a lot of crap from people here on MFP but it works, I don't go hungry and I keep the weight off. The ones who tell everyone that you'll gain back the weight don't realise that if you make the lifestyle change that won't happen.

I'm not too sure what your diet would be considered as, but if it works and you're not doing yourself harm, stick with it.
  • barryhurford
    barryhurford Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Dr Michael Mosley's book The Fast Diet is fantastic! He's the guy who presented the Horizon program which brought the Intermittent Fasting to the fore. Try his website too TheFastDiet.co.uk.

I do the 5:2 diet and have been on it for just over 4 weeks and I've lost 21 lbs by using my fitness pal every day. This is a diet you can maintain for a lifetime and you get the health benefits only gained through fasting.

Without doubt the easiest way to lose weight and improve life expectancy ever!
  • pjrbs
    pjrbs Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    This has been the only thing that has worked for me after 15 years of being overweight.

I have Fat Fridays at work and social occasions a couple times a month where I know I will go over my calories. I eat between 1000 and1200 on the off days to make up for the other days.

(When I did not take part in Fat Fridays I would feel sorry for myself and eat all weekend 'cause I didn't have any treats.Now I have the treats, some of which are healthy) and go back to my regular eating for the rest of the week.

To each his/her own. If it works for you, do it.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    I know intermittent fasting comes in lots of different methods.. such as 5:2, or fasting for different times during the day etc.

In the past I've had success with eating 900 calories for 5 days of the week, and then eating what I want for the other two days (mainly the weekend).. would this be considered a variation of intermittent fasting? Or more so zig zagging?
    I would consider this to be "calorie cycling" vs. IF