calorie question

Options
So I just started a new job in retail, standing and working for about 4hrs at a time. I was wondering if I could up my calories on the days I work because I am always more hungry those days. I mean do you think the extra activity would allow for maybe 100-200 more?

Replies

• Starlightdusk
    Starlightdusk Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    So I just started a new job in retail, standing and working for about 4hrs at a time. I was wondering if I could up my calories on the days I work because I am always more hungry those days. I mean do you think the extra activity would allow for maybe 100-200 more?
  • ladylaycee
    ladylaycee Posts: 114
    Options
    that's a good question! I haven't thought to ask that question cause i work in retail also, and im standing up for 8 hours a day! when you find out let me know

26920.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I am a Cosmotologist and I am on my feet all day or running here and there catoring to my clients...so I actually DO count that as extra I account for about 90 caloric burn for each day...just an estimate...It's probably more..but I keep it consistant to be fair.
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I am a Cosmotologist and I am on my feet all day or running here and there catoring to my clients...so I actually DO count that as extra I account for about 90 caloric burn for each day...just an estimate...It's probably more..but I keep it consistant to be fair.

I went to cosmotoligy school.... Didn't end up being my profession but it was real cool learing all that stuff about skin and everythng.

Good luck to you all and welcome:flowerforyou:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    I would adjust your activity level to reflect your daily work--that will bump up your calorie level. I wouldn't count it as exercise but just change your activity level.
  • Starlightdusk
    Starlightdusk Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    yeah I think I am going to just leave it the same and try to eat more low cal high volume snacks on these days, like broccoli instead of 100 calorie packs. That way I will feel more full on the same amount of cals.