Hello! (:

Options
I am Amicia, and I was diagnosed with an Eating Disorder, but I want nothing more than to recover and lose the weight healthily.
I have lost 29.4 pounds since August, which doesn't sound much, considering all of your brilliant success stories, but I just want to reach my goal and feel I could do it with tips on how to eat healthier. I'm sorry, I'm not very good with introductions, please tell me if there's anything else I need to include. (:

Replies

• gettingfitnana303
    Options
    Good morning:smile: Many, many years ago, when I was 15 I had an eating disorder. Anorexia. They didn't really know that much about it at the time, I was never actually diagnosed, but I am sure that is what I suffered from. Sometimes we get a certain image of ourselves, whether it is correct or not doesn't matter. What matters is that we take care of ourselves. Because in the long run staying healthy at any age is the key to keeping us happy. Take your time losing weight. Just eat the proper foods in sensible proportions and you should do just fine. You have the most gorgeous eyes. This site is full of good hearted people. Just hang out here when you feel a need. Glad to meet you.
  • xxangelwingsxx
    Options
    Hey Amicia my name is Tim im not very good at introductions either, but hello's a start isn't it =] welcome to myfitnesspal.
  • AmiciaCole
    Options
    Thank you both so much. (:
  • roxy2903
    Options
    Hi Amicia,
    Im Roxy and I am also fairly new to MFP.
    Im sure together with support and motivation we can lose weight and become healthier too :)
    So welcome to MFP and best of luck :)
  • mnobles1970
    mnobles1970 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Amicia,

Many years ago I also had an eating disorder. I didn't even know I had it until the doctor told me. It was like bulimia (I can't remember the name of it), but in my case I didn't purge, I just stuff myself with food. Looking back now, I cannot believe the amount of food I used to eat in such a short time. I even used to hide it in my bedroom, ready for the next "binge" It takes time. Try not to focus too much on the eating. Eat and prepare meals you like.
  • Anthony110101111110001101
    Options
    Hello Amicia and welcome to the site. I wish you the best of luck safely losing your weight and healing yourself. Feel free to add my as a friend (or anyone else who wants to add me feel free). I'm sure if you stay true to yourself you will do fine and have your own amazing story to tell soon enough! :smile:
  • suramey
    suramey Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello Amecia! Welcome to myfitnesspal! I have found this to be a wonderfully supportive site. Friend me if you need a pal.

Sarah
  • xxangelwingsxx
    Options
    ha-ha your welcome =] hey i know you don't know me yet and i posted here earlier but before i become swallowed by the incoming comments and replies going to send a friend request so you can reach me easier ok.