5'1 Highest weight:135lbs, current weight 105-106lbs!

Options
The first picture is from July 2011
268398_2245229809012_4631396_n_zps903785df.jpg

This picture is about two days ago!!!:]
534997_10152563015345512_828501511_n_zpsd789bdf1.jpg

Replies

• chelazar88
    chelazar88 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Great job!! I know alot of people see being 135 as just a find number, but being only 5'1 makes a difference. Great Job! Now to Just maintain! Not sure if you lift or not, but its a great way to improve ur muscle tone! And no worries you cant get all bulky by lifting, women just dont have the genetics for it (would have to be on certain "supplements" to look like the crazy bodybuilder ladies)
  • sherrymccall
    sherrymccall Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Great job!! I know alot of people see being 135 as just a find number, but being only 5'1 makes a difference. Great Job! Now to Just maintain! Not sure if you lift or not, but its a great way to improve ur muscle tone! And no worries you cant get all bulky by lifting, women just dont have the genetics for it (would have to be on certain "supplements" to look like the crazy bodybuilder ladies)

That's what I plan on doing now! Not a whole lot of cardio anymore. I've actually gained weight. My lowest point was95lbs a couple months ago. I actually passed out at the wheel and rearended an 18 wheeler while going 60 mph. Didn't even hit my breaks. This was from not enough food! I was on a strict 1300 calorie diet. My husband was scared to death I was developing an eating disorder! To be honest, I probably was. I still struggle with being 105lbs and I know that is far from fat!
  • chelazar88
    chelazar88 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    That's what I plan on doing now! Not a whole lot of cardio anymore. I've actually gained weight. My lowest point was95lbs a couple months ago. I actually passed out at the wheel and rearended an 18 wheeler while going 60 mph. Didn't even hit my breaks. This was from not enough food! I was on a strict 1300 calorie diet. My husband was scared to death I was developing an eating disorder! To be honest, I probably was. I still struggle with being 105lbs and I know that is far from fat!
    [/quote]

Wow very scary!! I am so glad you are still alive and have realized that you were not eating enough. Your are very fortunate to make it out of that accident, hopefully you take that as a blessing and continue to do your body right!! 1300 is pretty low, On occasion I eat around that, but I've got plenty of reserve still! lol And other days I eat 1600, its good to keep your metabolism guessing! If you really interested in lifting I recommend the New Rules of Lifting for Women and protein shakes!! Alot of wormen think they just want to be thin, when in reality they want the muscle definition...Good luck and thanks for the Add
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    wow that is very scary! I am glad that you are taking care of yourself now. You look fantastic!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
    And way to go eating the right calories per day!
    I often get into battles with women about caloric intake.
    Let it be said that you are 5'1" eating close to 2k a day and looking FAB!!!!!!
  • tmdavis75
    tmdavis75 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 too and started out at 132 two weeks ago. I'm down 5 lbs already. My goal is to lose 5 more. If not, i'd like to atleast take off a few more inches. I can definitely tell the difference in my clothes already. I'm so excited. The problem is, people look at me and roll their eyes when i say im trying to lose weight. just because im petite, it doesnt mean i dont have love handles and a pouch.
  • sherrymccall
    Options
    You look amazing!
    And way to go eating the right calories per day!
    I often get into battles with women about caloric intake.
    Let it be said that you are 5'1" eating close to 2k a day and looking FAB!!!!!!

Thanks so much! I struggled to get up to that amount of calories because I was so scared of being fat! If it wasn't for my husband and family I would have not done it. My car wreck also scared me into realizing I was too close to an eating disorder! I had so many health issues from having too low of a body fat percentage. I got down to 10% body fat at 95lbs. I looked horrible. I keep a picture of myself at that time on my phone so that every time I feel like I'm gaining too much weight I can look at it and tell myself "you do not want to look like that again."
  • sherrymccall
    Options
    I'm 5'1 too and started out at 132 two weeks ago. I'm down 5 lbs already. My goal is to lose 5 more. If not, i'd like to atleast take off a few more inches. I can definitely tell the difference in my clothes already. I'm so excited. The problem is, people look at me and roll their eyes when i say im trying to lose weight. just because im petite, it doesnt mean i dont have love handles and a pouch.

I was told the same thing! Though I can never get rid of my little bump on my lower stomach lol. Even when I was 95lbs I had it!
  • tmdavis75
    tmdavis75 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i dont expect to have a super flat stomach. i mean i am 37 and i have had 2 kids. i'd just like it to be a little smaller. I've been doing slim in 6. I love it. They have a really intense ab workout.
  • lin7604
    Options
    i did slim in 6 too and i liked the ab workouts in it.
  • sherrymccall
    Options
    I used to do slim in six all time time! I loved it! Great workout! Keep at it and you guys will do great! You both already look awesome to me!
  • lin7604
    Options
    so you don't do it anymore? just more strength? what exercises do you do?? I am doing a whole lot less cardio as well now a days as i want to just lose inches now not so much weight. I am unsure of which way to go with this. I started to re do 30ds and rin30 for the strength exercises in it...
  • sherrymccall
    Options
    so you don't do it anymore? just more strength? what exercises do you do?? I am doing a whole lot less cardio as well now a days as i want to just lose inches now not so much weight. I am unsure of which way to go with this. I started to re do 30ds and rin30 for the strength exercises in it...

I do Ripped in 30 and different bodyweight exercises. Look on pinterest. There are all kinds of exercises on there!
  • grannyrose70
    grannyrose70 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    good for you how did you get started?
  • sherrymccall
    Options
    good for you how did you get started?
    counting calories and walking!
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Looking great, I'm similar height..5'0.5!!
  • zen82
    zen82 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Great work, especially on the fighting back from going too low! I'm 5'2" and now somewhere around 108/9 (was down to 106 after norovirus - bad times)... I got the same comments and eye rolling when I said I wanted to lose weight from being around 117 (previous highest weight I think was 126). And previously (about 13 years ago) was as low as 89 lbs and very poorly, so I do have to be careful about not going back to ED territory (difference now = enjoy being stronger and eat loads!). But the height deffo makes a difference, if only taller people would understand that on a shortarse, 1lb can look more like 1.5 or 2lbs on someone taller! Now trying to figure out what my goals should be from here, as I want to keep doing lifting and running, and possibly end up weighing more. Are you focusing on measurements/mirror now instead of the scale?
  • sherrymccall
    Options
    Great work, especially on the fighting back from going too low! I'm 5'2" and now somewhere around 108/9 (was down to 106 after norovirus - bad times)... I got the same comments and eye rolling when I said I wanted to lose weight from being around 117 (previous highest weight I think was 126). And previously (about 13 years ago) was as low as 89 lbs and very poorly, so I do have to be careful about not going back to ED territory (difference now = enjoy being stronger and eat loads!). But the height deffo makes a difference, if only taller people would understand that on a shortarse, 1lb can look more like 1.5 or 2lbs on someone taller! Now trying to figure out what my goals should be from here, as I want to keep doing lifting and running, and possibly end up weighing more. Are you focusing on measurements/mirror now instead of the scale?

I am so trying to not focus on the scale. I have been weighing myself daily but I plan to stop and just focus on how I feel and look in my clothes. The scale just stresses me out!
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    You are a very, very cute young lady. Adorable smile. I may be the only one here who thinks this, but I like your before pic better. It may be just a matter of taste or preference, but I think you'd look better with about 5-10 lbs more on your frame. No doubt you've worked hard, so if you're happy with the results, so be it. Just one person's opinion.
  • sherrymccall
    Options
    You are a very, very cute young lady. Adorable smile. I may be the only one here who thinks this, but I like your before pic better. It may be just a matter of taste or preference, but I think you'd look better with about 5-10 lbs more on your frame. No doubt you've worked hard, so if you're happy with the results, so be it. Just one person's opinion.

Haha, a few people I know in person have told me that, including my father. He still sees me at 95lbs and it scared him when I was that small. I just feel happier with myself now. In the first picture I am kinda slumped over because I hated getting my picture taken and in the second I think I just look more confident. Thanks for the compliments:]
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!