Just starting today

Options
Hello everyone! I'm just starting today. I have 3 kids and with each one I've put on a significant amount of weight. I've tried several other diets and I can't seem to stay motivated but I've never tried a fitness website where I can talk to others about my weight loss struggles. Not really even sure where I should begin with dieting and exercising. So I'm just watching what I eat and playing with the calorie counting for now and walking. :-)

Replies

• PhotogirlTX
    PhotogirlTX Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I think this is a great site.. and I even quit a different one to use this one exclusively! I understand the baby weigh.. my youngest is 13 yrs old and I am still battling it! Good luck, this is a great community!
  • Danni1585
    Danni1585 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    A great big welcome, MFP is brilliant !! It will change your life. Some tips ...add people for support (including me if you want), track everything you eat, every day, good or bad (we won't judge you)...get an idea of what your eating, and spend as much time as you can on the thread getting tips, educated and motivation. Sign in every day it becomes part of your life. As you lose celebrate with us. Counting calories, eating well and moving more works, I promise xx
  • newme1968
    Options
    I am also new to this site. So far it has been wonderful. Lots of support and guidance.
  • Danni1585
    Danni1585 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

Here is a good website to get you started, it will help you learn what cals you should consume daily. Highly recommended on MFP x
  • cjaynep
    Options
    Welcome, there's so much support here. Feel free to add me, I've been using the site for 3 weeks now :)
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I just started on January 2nd and have found using MFP invaluable. I track every day. So far, 14 pounds eradicated!! There's lots of great people (with a few jerks thrown in, just ignore those). So far, I'd say my success so far (I've got a long way to go!) is mainly based on the amount of exercising that I've been doing (500 calories plus a day) and eating below 1500 calories. And my mindset is different than any other attempt. Really, I'm enjoying this challenge rather than hating each day. Feel free to friend my if you like. You have around the same amount to lose as I do. Good luck!!
  • taylorwaylor
    taylorwaylor Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Just don't expect the weight to just fall off all at once... Don't expect it to be easy... Don't expect to have everything figured out right away.... Just do you research and you will slowly learn! Good luck! :)
  • trhops
    trhops Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Lots of great support on here, feel free to add me for support!