Need a new Adult Beverage Low Carb/Calorie Recipe!! HELP!!

Options
Ok so I'm not a heavy drinker, in fact I hardly drink at all but when I do it's got to be Fruity and taste like Kool-aid or fruit juice. I don't like the "Liquor, beer or wine" taste. But since I've joined MFP I've used the recipe calculator to calculate my Malibu Punch I LOVE that I model after it's original maker in the Survivor Bar & Grill at the Wisconsin Dells Wilderness resort Water Parks. Upon calculating I found out that HOLY MOLY!! If I drink this drink it's like the only thing I can eat/drink all day pretty much, so looking for new "good" recipe's for an adult beverage that won't send me crying to the hills. HELP please!! For summer is coming and I will need a new beverage to sip on around the pool / lake once in awhile!!

Replies

• sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I was taught in a cooking class that the best tasting coctails are always the ones that are made of FRESH fruit and not some canned/packaged soda or fruit juice.

So you get a blender, some ice, any fruit and vodka/gin and it won't be high calorie. My favourite is crush ice and melons in blender, add vodka, simple and yummy!

But pineapple + apple, grapes, strawberries can all work awesome.
  • Kristen508
    Options
    Sounds Great!! I will definelty try this out for the summer months coming up!! Everyone LOVES my Malibu Punch but it's WAY to carbie and too many calories for me to keep making it this way. I will definetly try fresh fruit instead of the fruit drinks I've been adding to "fruity" it up :) And when I was younger I used to love Vodka so I shouldn't have a problem going back to it I don't think. Just havn't had it in FOREVER LOL!!
  • jennylppp
    Options
    you can try plain vodka, soda water, juice from a couple lime wedges, and a packet of splenda... just shake it really good so the splenda dissolves and enjoy! thats my go to for drinks... if you dont wanna do the splenda, do a SPLASH of cranberry into the same thing
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Vodka added to your sugar free beverage of choice! Also have you tried any of the skinny girl drinks?
  • Brujah1981
    Brujah1981 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Vodka+Cranberry is always popular. For me though, I go with Diet Dew + Whiskey. Definitely an acquired taste, but it gets me the citrus I like from Mt. Dew and the kick of whiskey.
  • zmzmzm19
    zmzmzm19 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Skinny Girl cocktails all the way! There's so much to choose from, I love the margarita for the summer. I also like just plain vodka with seltzer water and a lime wedge, very low cal. :drinker: :happy:
  • Kskdmad
    Kskdmad Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've modified a Hungry Girl recipe (kind of a combo of a strawberry margarita and strawberry daquiri).

Blend together:
    1 can diet Sprite/Sprite zero/Sierra Mist
    1/2 cup rum
    8-10 frozen strawberries
    1 packet strawberry drink mix-in (like crystal light)
    1/8-1/4 cup lime juice (I use more because I like the zip)
    Ice, if needed

Enjoy!
  • pink_ribbon_1
    pink_ribbon_1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Sprite Zero and vodka.
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I've found that if you shop carefully you can find those pre made frozen drinks that you store in your refrigerator and you can drink at

any time, .. well they do have some that are only 90 calories. I would NOT suggest having them often.. but when you have that

desire, at least you won't feel you drank all your days calories. Cheers! :drinker:
  • holliwood97
    holliwood97 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    bump for later. i dont have a clue either. love some of the suggestions already though. !!
  • erobillard1
    Options
    If you're feeling adventurous try skinnygirl cucumber vodka, a splash of midori melon liqueur, and fresh pineapple....it's refreshing on hot summer days!
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    bump for later.... as I have no clue either about 'healthier' adult drinks!
  • emstethem
    emstethem Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    diet soda, flavor of your choice=0 carbs Vodka=0 carbs :) that's the best I've got...
  • beaches222
    beaches222 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    bump! great topic
  • geojeepgirl
    geojeepgirl Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • AEB_WV
    AEB_WV Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Note: This is not healthy!
    diet red bull
    diet orange soda
    vodka

I recently tried a low cal (20 per 8 oz) cal apple cranberry drink that is good with vodka.
  • fruitloop2
    fruitloop2 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I like water, Mio and vodka. Blender drinks are also my favourites too. I also like a light beer and clam.
  • rotill
    rotill Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Dry wines, check the sugar content. If you want them even slimmer and with less alcohol, add soda, if you want to spiff them up a little; do like the Italians and have sparkling white wine with a shot of aperol, an orange wedge and a splash of soda.

Mixed drinks are often very sweet - when I travel in the US and don't see a decent wine alternativ I go for a Bloody Mary.
  • jrhodo
    jrhodo Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    In a tall glass with margarita salt on the rim; 1 shot of tequilla, 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, ice and fill with soda water. About 75 cal. Yum.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    idk how you feel about artificial sweeteners, but crystal light makes a margarita mix and a few other drink mixes that are 5 calories for a believe a cup serving. i like to use the margarita mix and then add a shot or two of tequila in.
    i tried a couple times vodka mixed with vitamin water zero, that wasn't bad.
    or blend up fresh fruit with ice or water and add a couple shots of vodka to it, better than getting super sugary drinks.