Only loosing from one place...the only place I don't want (!

Options
(Apologies if this is a weird question, especially for the guys!)

I know that supposedly you can't target weight loss to only reduce one place but my body seems to be doing just that...

I've been on MFP for over 50 days now and hardly lost anything. However, thanks to the forums I'm not so disheartened as it does seem to be a case of perhaps putting on muscle and loosing fat as I've been working out super hard in the gym - and I do feel better in myself (even though it's still frustrating not seeing the numbers go down!!)

However, my biggest problem at the moment is that I am loosing my breasts!! I have always been quite small-chested, but I just started noticing over the past week or so...there is literally nothing there! :sad: My partner is joking that his pecs are bigger than my breasts...and he's right! I could pretty much be at the stage of going back to a training bra! I've never been super conscious about this, despite always being small, but now my tummy sticks out a bit more than my breasts...it's really not a good look!!!

Sorry if it's a silly question/strange subject - but do you know if there is anything I can do to stop this happening??

Thanks for your help!

Replies

• beccasetsfire
    beccasetsfire Posts: 135
    Options
    You could do pec exercises and see if that helps at all? I wish I could be more help :-\
  • victoriavvi
    victoriavvi Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Pec exercises would definitely help define the shape. My breasts left me also. =(
  • bambam32
    bambam32 Posts: 20
    Options
    Yes the pec exercises do help. Watch out not to over do it as you will have "well defined muscles there". As a guy, we lose our size there too. Glad to for the most part, but then again it makes the gut look even bigger. Bambam
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Work your upper arms and chest. Mine did this too but as I settled into my goal weight my body redistributed my fat.
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    i have lost over 130 pounds and i sorry to say you can't pick where you lose from it unstoppable my arms were the last thing to go and that where i would have like to lose it but it didn't work that way but it did happen after i lost over 80 pounds! your body going to do what it want to do no matter what and i lift weights as well as run. i still have 30 more pounds to go and i lost another inch from my breast. nothing i can do about it and it a small price to be healthy. considering i was 323 pounds before.
  • merbee
    merbee Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Well, I have never in my life been a small breaseted woman, but I have lost more inches in my breast than I have anywhere else - and I hate it too. My breasts have always been part of who I am - and I liked it. I always joked that they entered the room a full minute before I did. I've gone from popping out of a triple D to a well fit double D. I keep joking that as soon as I hit a C cup that I am gaining thw weight back.. JK of course but when I look down now I don't see boobs - I see belly - and it bothers me. Ahhhh - women and their breasts huh? We all have issues and we are not alone.
  • themetra
    themetra Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Haha! Funny! I saw my fam fot the first time since Easter yesterday - and the first thing my sister said to me, was "look great, but where are your boobs?" They're still there, but def a little smaller... :sad:
  • Lparault
    Lparault Posts: 100
    Options
    Girl, don't worry about that! Work on tightening your stomach muscles and flattening your abs, and start a piggy bank to save up for some new boobs to go with the new you...I am :blushing:
  • popplylily
    popplylily Posts: 97
    Options
    oh dear i cant believe he said that! how rude! jesus. orrr you could be the other way round, im desperate to lose mine...
    i wish i were small as it make you look thinner all round. unless im very light my boobs make me look like a size 16 and im only a 12! xxx
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Try not to let it get you down, as it is a fact that affects all of us women losing weight. Focus on your overall better health and appearance. Treat yourself to a new bra and I strongly suggest you get measured for one. I did after the apparent loss and found that I had been wearing the wrong size all along and the new one actually helped "boost" my appearance.
  • B4its2L8
    B4its2L8 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! I have lost 21lbs and the only place I have dropped a size in is cup size!!!! Would be nice to drop a pant size, but no, it has to be the one place I didn't need to lose!! I have been trying to do some of the arm and chest exercises so hopefully that will help. You are not alone!