Hey! i'm Brittnie and new and in need of motivation to stop

Options
whoops! kind of messed up on the subject :( and i can't really change it...

Hey my name is Brittnie, a friend of mine recomended this site to me a few weeks ago and so far i have found it quite helpful. my first week was a bit tougher, at least when it comes to food choices, i can be smart about what i eat all day, but when it comes down to night it's like my thought process dissapears, and i try to eat all kinds of junk. But so far i have mostly gotten over that. but an occasional slap on the risk is much welcomed!
I've been wanting to lose weight for awhile now but hopefully i can stick to it... i'm now really just watching calories making, healthier meals + snacks, and arobics (which mostly consist of wii fit and dance dance revolution). I do really want to start adding strenght training, but I get lazy... so my thing is if nothing else... eat right! if i at least stick to this, i will be able to make progress...
so anyway, feel free to add me and maybe we can help each other to make healthier choices, leaving behind one debbie snack cake at a time.

Replies

• katrinamclamb
    Options
    Well Brittnie, I am Katrina and like yourself I too have a hard time with the calorie and eating healthy sort of thing. I figured that each week i set myself up a new goal that way I don't have to look so far ahead and I can get satisfaction sooner :). I also use the wii fit and I have had to change my routine from 30 minutes up to 60 minutes as not all the excersises make me sweat and then some of them kick my but and then hand it right back to me. The trick I have found is to find an excersise partner to go with that keeps you online and one that you can challenge during the weeks.

My step-daughter is up for the summer and although she wants to loose like 20 lbs and I want to loose 60+ lbs we excersise as a team which is nice. We bike around my neighborhood (which is an island here in Vermont) and the first time we did it we sort of had no plan just the two of us, and some water. When we got back home we realized it was an hour later and we had ridden 4,8 miles. (ouch but so rewarding)

My goal is at least a lb a week and I only weigh myself on Mondays so today will be the tell all if it is working at all.

Eating is still a challenge for me but one thing at a time...

Katrina