Will i ever lose my flabby tummy?

Options
Starting weight: 154lbs
Current weight: 137lbs
Goal weight: 126lbs
Height: 5'6

Since i was a child i have always had a poor diet and since i can remember i have always had a fat belly.

I joined my fitness pal in the summer last year and i have lost 20lbs in total but the problem is my stomach.

I have a very large and flabby belly, it's my biggest problem area and it just doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

I exercise 3/4 times a week mixing cardio and lifting and apart from the occasional slip up (a few sweets here and there) i eat well.

So WHY is my stomach not changing? is this how it's always going to be or has anyone had a fat belly and lost it?

I don't care for a wash board flat stomach, but just a tummy that'll look ok in a bikini, especially as i'll be putting one on for the first time in my life on my summer holiday in june with my super musceley and toned boyfriend.

help :(

Replies

• melissahurst99
    Options
    I have somewhat of the same problem. It seems tummy fat is the hardest to lose. Jogging will help reduce the fat on your tummy, but it takes a while to see results. I can agree it is frustrating to not see results, but don't get discouraged. Have you looked up online if there are any foods that can help reduce belly fat? This might be a good idea?! Keep up the good work! You are doing great!!!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    It might just be the last place your body wants to take fat from, in which case hit your goal weight and it should be gone. Especially if you have never had a child and never been much more overweight than you were when you started MFP, there is no reason you should have loose skin even. And even if you do end up with a little loose skin time will often fix that for a lot of people. (That's all about genetics, though).
  • alanlmarshall
    alanlmarshall Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I have somewhat of the same problem. It seems tummy fat is the hardest to lose. Jogging will help reduce the fat on your tummy, but it takes a while to see results. I can agree it is frustrating to not see results, but don't get discouraged. Have you looked up online if there are any foods that can help reduce belly fat? This might be a good idea?! Keep up the good work! You are doing great!!!

Jogging won't affect your tummy any more or less than any other form of exercise. The more fat you burn, the more it will help. How you burn it makes no difference. Running is a fantastic activity, though, you should give it a try if you never have.