Going through a difficult time. Could use some motivation.

Options
Very difficult break up. We were together for a long time, we lived together and now I'm staying with my family.

However, that's not what I'm here to say! I'm having a hard time motivating myself to exercise right now, and I'm barely eating. I think some MFP contacts would really help me to get through it. I deleted my account a few months ago and rejoined to have a fresh start, so I have no friends at all!

Replies

• angela1482
    angela1482 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I understand how you feel. I broke up with my ex in december and I started back with MFP in January. I was with him for two years and gained 40 lbs in those two years! You have to just keep focused on YOU! Don't worry about all the other stuff. My mom always tells me, 'Once you make yourself number 1 then everything else will fall into place.' And even though I hate to admit it, she's right. What gets me through is the gym. I know it sounds weird, but when I'm there I don't think about the ex. All I think about is me and that's what you need to do now. Make you happy.
  • LGinSoCal
    LGinSoCal Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Very difficult break up. We were together for a long time, we lived together and now I'm staying with my family.

However, that's not what I'm here to say! I'm having a hard time motivating myself to exercise right now, and I'm barely eating. I think some MFP contacts would really help me to get through it. I deleted my account a few months ago and rejoined to have a fresh start, so I have no friends at all!

I am sorry you are going through a hard time. Sometimes it helps to remember that you need to exercise like you need to brush your teeth. Such things are not dependent on moods, they are what is required for your body.

The CEO of Weight Watchers (I am not on that program) said in an interview that willpower is not enough. If his kids have candy, he isn't above eating it! What the key is to make better habits so that no decision making is involved. If it is a habit to run, for instance, you simply do it out and no thinking or dwelling is involved. It just happens like brushing your teeth.