Mom of special needs children.

Options
Hi my name is Jennifer, I am 32 and have 3 children. My daughter is 4 and has had two heart surgeries and is on the spectrum. My twin boys were born at 29 weeks and have complications from that. My one sone has had 3 surgeries one of them to make an illeostomy. I just found out my other son is most likley going to need surgery soon. Least to say I am very stressed out and I ate to make myself feel better. I am starting all over to lose the weight that I have gained. I would love it if other moms got in touch with me, I need all the help and encouragment I can get.

Replies

• tleigh
    tleigh Posts: 58
    Options
    Oh, wow! You are super mom! We had to put our 3 year old daughter through her 1st surgery last February, looking like another one this summer. Her surgery was not nearly as drastic (her ureter had to be reattached to correct reflux into her kidney), but it was definitely the hardest thing I ever had to do. Every time I would think about the surgery before she had it, I would pretty much have a panic attack. I also have three other children, between the ages of 2 and 6 (almost 7). I am sending a friend request.
  • Loulouslim
    Loulouslim Posts: 29
    Options
    Hi

sounds like you have got a lot on your plate. Children can be a great motivator, but also a great worry. Losing weight is about finding the person you liked before and introducing your self again. Being fit in body will also help you get through the tough months you have ahead.

I am on that journey with you, so keep in touch xxxx

Luisa
    Kent, England