What are you not going to miss about being fat?

Options

Replies

• angelacarmela0830
    angelacarmela0830 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Squeezing into clothes.
    Back pain.
    My "baby" pouch.
  • arthuramy
    Options
    I won't miss avoiding mirrors, and not wanting to see myself in them. I won't miss being sad when I look at pictures before I had babies...
  • angelacarmela0830
    Options
    Losing my breath too quickly!
  • katelynjohnson3956
    Options
    - muffin top over my jeans
    - always having to go back for a bigger size
    - always having to cross my arms when I sit down to try to hide my gut
    - thighs chafing
    - not being able to do up my coat
    - trying on many different outfits and not being happy with how any of them look
    - not being able to wear a bikini
    - feeling disappointed in myself
  • angelacarmela0830
    Options
    not going to miss been able to see my belly above the bubbles in the bath :)

Ain't that the truth!
  • flutterby642
    Options
    I won't miss getting discouraged when nothing looks good, won't miss wearing a body shaper, and most of all I will be here for many more years to spend with my kids!!!
  • JoanneC_Walks
    JoanneC_Walks Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Great thread! I'm geting a lot of motivation from it.

I'm not going to miss struggling to zip up my jeans or my "muffin top."
  • kcholley1
    kcholley1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I will not miss shopping fo clothing on the "womans" side!
    I will not miss being out of breath from a short walk
  • irenematilda
    irenematilda Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Loads of the stuff mentioned so far, particularly the clothes and camera-related ones..

In addition, I won't miss getting that sinking feeling when opening a gift, only to find that it's a new top or t-shirt which I know the giver will instantly expect me to try on. I'll either feel bad because it clings to me to the point where I look like a bunch of very big cats having a fight in a very small sack, or I'll feel bad because it just about fits and so it's obvious that the giver has had little trouble in guessing what size I am, something that I guard like a state secret.

I also won't miss struggling to find a less sensitive topic in order to clumsily start a conversation which will fill those awkward silences that always seem to hang in the air whenever a diet commercial suddenly comes on the telly.
  • ttiiggzz
    ttiiggzz Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Chafing thighs!
  • Danni1585
    Danni1585 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I won't miss havng a wardrobe full of clothes that I can't fit into x
  • treagal
    treagal Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I won't miss being mooed and oinked at in public.
    Who in the world would do that? Some people....
  • treagal
    treagal Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Not going to miss shopping in the plus sized stores!
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I definitely do not miss my thighs rubbing together when I walk....yuck. Or dreading clothes shopping and leaving the store empty handed because nothing fits right.
  • spiritedsaviour
    spiritedsaviour Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to miss
    - being told "you have such a pretty face...if only I'd lose a few pounds I'd be so much prettier".
    -walking down the beach and trying to keep my sarong between my legs to avoid the painful chafe.
    -feeling like EVERYONE is looking at me when I walk into a room and me feeling like it's because I'm the fattest person there.
    -trying on clothes in a size I think is going to fit and being pissed off when it's too small.
    -feeling like I have to justify to everyone every single thing that goes in my mouth.
    -taking a picture of myself from above my head so that I look skinnier.
    -feeling like a failure every.single.day.

Almost all of these but especially this ^^^
  • oh_em_gee
    oh_em_gee Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    I won't miss being mooed and oinked at in public.
    Who in the world would do that? Some people....

Right? That is so rude
  • ashgetsfit2013
    Options
    Being the only friend that wears a tanktop over her bathing suit.
    Having everyone ahead of me during a hike.
    Changing my clothes 40 times before going out because everything outlines my fat
    Being the bearer of fat jokes at work
    Not wanting to sit on my boyfriend in fear of crushing him.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Not recognizing myself in the mirror was the worst.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    It is more what I miss about being younger than fat, but I miss just being able eat what I want, when I want. seriuosly. Up until just a few years back, I could EAT like a big dog and never really gained. That said, I could also exercise and play sports as hard as I wanted with worrying injuries, lack of endurance, or how sore I would feel the next day. Lol.
  • roozielynne
    roozielynne Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    *Clothes shopping at bigger stores.
    *Having to listen to my tiny sized friends complain about how fat they are and sit there wondering if they think they are fat what do they really think about me and my size!
    *Constantly worrying if i am to big to be included. (such as bike riding in the state park, i havent been on my bike in years! because i dont feel comfortable on it, riding an airplane, never had to ask for a seat belt extender but fear every time i fly this might be the year because i know i have gained weight again, not being able to go horseback riding or worry about fitting in the amusement park rides)
    *Worrying my kids and husband are embarressed by me because i cant keep up or look a hot mess when i attempt to!
    *Feeling sick and tired constantly