Anyone with large weight loss struggling for last 20-30?

Options
Hi everyone.

I have had a significant weight loss over the last 5 years. I have taken off 130lbs. I am thrilled that I accomplished such a feat but now I'm stuck in the.... I still have 20 to go slumps. It takes a LOT for me to lose a pound. 25 days... 3 pounds.. Frustrating.. but good! I can't help but remember how I could drop 5-10 a month.. EASILY! Please, if you have any advice to help keep my on track, I would appreciate the support!

Replies

• keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    This would be me. I lost 110 in the last two years and now stuck big time with the last 15. I think I'm figuring it out and hopefully will get that needle to move again.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I plateaued at 150lbs lost almost 2.5 months ago. There's no easy way to lose the rest of it.. it was easier at the first because there was so much more of it there.

I started following IPOARM, kept up my exercise, ate at TDEE -20%, and have noticed the scale moving again... albeit slowly. The closer you get to your goal weight, the slower it's going to go. 3lbs in 25 days is still 0.12 lbs per day. I call that success.

ETA: Any time you feel down, look back at the fact that you've lost as much as you have already. You're a freaking rock-star. Don't doubt that. Much congrats and respect.
  • Fenomka
    Fenomka Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You guys are a fantastic inspiration. I hope to lose about 220-240 lbs, ultimately, and I'm about 70 in, right now. I hope you guys know what an amazing motivation it is, to read success stories, even if it's in the vein of "I've lost this much, and I'm on my last 20"!! It's incredible!
  • SexyGorecki
    SexyGorecki Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I appreciate all the help and support I can get!
  • jimmie65
    jimmie65 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I've dropped from 330 to 230 in just over 2 years. From 240 to 230 was a huge fight, and now I'm stuck at 230.

I'm not too worried about it, except for it's visceral fat.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    3 lbs in 25 days is right on track for 1 pound a week. That's how it should be for the last 20 to 30. I'm on my last 25 and I'm keeping my deficit around 750 - 1000 a day, and losing 1 to 1.5 a week. I'm happy with that, I'll be at goal in 20 or 25 weeks.