Marijuana

Options
Any medical marijuana patients out there, or even recreational smokers, that are trying to lose weight, but can't seem to fight those damn munchies?? Hi, hello, nice to meet you, person in same predicament! WHat do you do to help the cravings? Do you have low cal snack foods? Anyone tried those skinny cow chocolate candies? Would drinking a BIG glass of water help?

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    BAD!!!!
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Just don't keep any bad food in the house. Fruit is good, sweet stuff like grapes. I do love the skinny cow ice cream sandwiches. Try to keep busy with something and be aware that it's just the munchies.
  • AnjellaRose_GF_SillyYak
    Options
    medical here, but i dont get the "munchies" and true, dont keep unhealthy food in the house. try quick grab-low cal foods like baby carrots, celery, or even chew gum.
    hey, and Im in Mi too.
  • holly3585
    holly3585 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    NO bad food around......aaannnd like it or not I figured out that I CANNOT smoke during the day. As much as I like to tell myself I can control munchies, I personally can't!!

Made a rule to not eat after 8pm (around which time I put my daughter to bed, and have a little me time!!) So I just have to not start eating and I wake up happy :smokin:
  • butterflylady86
    butterflylady86 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I don't have bad food in my house. That helps if this ever came up. Which it has once in a while. Peace
  • CraigR901
    Options
    I havent smoked in a month cause im scared of getting the munchies eating my brains out. I wana smoke so badly again thou!
  • imthejenjen
    imthejenjen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    i used to be a major stoner!! I'm now almost a year and a half sober. BUT, when i was smoking, i would lose a lot of weight by just not eating after i smoked. ya i had munchies, but i didnt cave and id lose weight basically doing nothing. just by smoking and NOT eating while being high. lol. try it out. Yes, drink water, lots of it!
  • carrief10
    carrief10 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I wish I could be one of those people that could smoke and not eat everything in their kitchen. Pot is the reason I gained so much weight. :( Definitely just had to cut it out of my life.
  • ladyinmt
    ladyinmt Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm a daily smoker and get the munchines something terrible. But for me, it doesn't matter if I don't have "junk" food around. I just eat excesses of ANY food around. Like last night (after already eating a good healthy dinner) I ate 3 giant bagels w/cream cheese in the course of about 10 minutes. So, my solution is lots and lots of physical activity (running, I cycle to and from work every day -- even in the winter and I hike with my dog as much as possible).

Munchies are the only "danger" related to marijuana in my opinion. :)

~Heather
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    In before the lock!
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    In before the lock!

What makes you think this will be locked? :indifferent:
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I thought the point of medical marijuana was to help the patient eat more. I thought nausea and weight loss were the symptoms MJ was the cure for.
  • rachelbethany
    rachelbethany Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I smoke on a daily basis, and I've been on MFP for a long time now. I just build the munchies into my daily plan. And I don't keep junk around. Even if I'm stoned, I appreciate a healthy, filling meal. Keep things like grapes in the house. Raw veggies. Hummus. And plan ahead! Also, know when to stop. If you just become crazy ravenous, maybe you should smoke a little less. Don't immediately think "I smoked, now I'm hungry." Think "I smoked. Now I can go on a beautiful walk and enjoy the afternoon light." Or draw, or hula hoop, dance, or something else productive! :)
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    weed.jpg

I :heart: these posts because it allows me to have fun with my fav pics. Yay.
  • rougecrayon
    Options
    I'm a medical user for a digestive disease, so I needed it in order to eat...

My friends often said putting food in front of them they didn't like for some reason made their munchies a whole lot less in the front of their minds...
    Also having healthy foods ready to go and planned helped me eat the right foods, instead of going for the most delicious.
  • squigglypuff
    squigglypuff Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I thought the point of medical marijuana was to help the patient eat more. I thought nausea and weight loss were the symptoms MJ was the cure for.

my gastroenterologist AND my neurologist claim that MJ can both CAUSE and ALLEVIATE nausea, depending on how often you use it and also HOW you use it.
  • rachelbethany
    rachelbethany Posts: 211 Member
    Options

Actually, it is used to treat multiple things. It has been shown to work like a mood stabilizer in people who are bipolar, for example. :)
  • JulieBGoood
    JulieBGoood Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Just use up all/most of your cals before you smoke and tell yourself no if you get the munchies? Or if you smoke during the day make sure to plan your meals out the night before and enter them in ahead of time so you only have enough calories to have just a couple of snacks.

ETA: btw, those skinny cow candies are awesome, if you find some of the filled chocolates buy them for sure!
  • es2189
    es2189 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    sugarless gum and herbal tea...
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I don't get this munchies thing, I do get the urge to eat more when I've smoked but I don't eat more because that would be pointless.
This discussion has been closed.