Help Figuring Calories of Pizza

Options
We have a favorite pizzeria, but I can't find the nutrition information. I want to make sure I am tracking my calories correctly, and I am not sure where to turn. Does anyone know where I could go to get a good guesstimate?

Thanks!

Replies

• sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I usually just use the calories from a similar restaurant. You can use pizza hut since they have so many options like thin, hand tossed or pan crust. Find one with similar toppings and go from there :wink:
  • Retiredmom72
    Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I agree with similar restaurant. Also ask them about the nutritional information on the pizza. I have had chefs help me with calorie counts when I tell the waitress that I am counting calories. Even found a couple of chefs who were doing my fitness pal and they were very helpful. Since larger chains are now doing it, small establishments really want your business and want to help you be successful. It never hurts to ask.
  • ginastone2
    ginastone2 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Yep....I asked and they don't have the info. :-/ Hopefully they will start to do that soon. For now, I just took a similar Pizza Hut Pizza. Hopefully that is close.