TDEE advice

Options
Was wanting an opinion for what I should set my activity level at. I recently had knee arthroscopy and I am limited (along with tennis elbow). For the first week post surgery, I had it set at the very lowest activity. However, I have since started stationary bike for about 10-15 minutes twice a day along with ab work and my physical therapy leg exercises which is about 30-40 minutes twice a day in addition walking my dog about 20 minutes or so. I just bumped myself up to the light activity 1-3 times per week but wonder if it should be higher. I am definitely not doing high intensity exercises, actually very low.... thoughts please...

Replies

• jellybeanmusic
    jellybeanmusic Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Personally I set my lifestyle to sedentary and then log my workouts separately on top.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Personally I set my lifestyle to sedentary and then log my workouts separately on top.

That doesn't apply to TDEE.

Op, it's kind of 2 fold with you. Most I would suggest the 1-3 level bc it's not real intense exercise you're doing but you are recovering from surgery so you do need adequate nutrition to heal well. You could bump it up to the moderate 3-5 level and take a 15-20% cut.
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options

That doesn't apply to TDEE.

Op, it's kind of 2 fold with you. Most I would suggest the 1-3 level bc it's not real intense exercise you're doing but you are recovering from surgery so you do need adequate nutrition to heal well. You could bump it up to the moderate 3-5 level and take a 15-20% cut.

Thanks! :flowerforyou: