My first week & I've lost 5lbs.

Options
Hi there! I've been here about a week and I'm finding MFP so so helpful. I've joined my local Rosemary Conley Diet & Fitness Club, which is also really great. The exercise class is fun and the people are very warm and friendly, so I have high hopes that I'm going to stick with it this time and really lose some weight. I was nearly 18 stone when I started (250lbs). Really feels like I have a long way to go. At just under 5'4", I'm only supposed to weigh about 10 stone, but the last time I weighed that I was 10 years old.
This week, though, I've lost 5lbs and already I'm feeling so much more energetic.
I just want to see a bit less of me when I look in the mirror! When you have a long way to go, how do you find the patience you need to have with yourself?

About me. I'm 37 and live on the south coast of England. Mum of one (boy, age 6).

Replies

• stefsmith04
    Options
    WOW !! well done on losing 5lbs I've also been here a week and finding it really helpful being on here and imputing my food it's made me realise what i've actually been eating all these years and it's shocking lol. I have a large amount of weight to lose as well but i know it can be done 2 years ago I lost 4st but my circumstances changed ( having to give up work ) and my old eating habits come back :( and so did the weight. I've had enough now of feeling sorry for my self and am determined to change for good. Take each day at a time you will have good and bad days but don't knock your self down about it, start setting your self little targets to aim for and reward your self once achieved. I wish you loads of luck and feel free to add me for support x
  • deladypilot
    deladypilot Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. Keep at it and im sure you will reach your goal
  • jmcveigh12345
    Options
    We are all in this together :)! I lost 2 st when i was 16 but then piled it on again because of a bad relationship but i am out of that now....with a new boyfriend who helps and supports me and doesnt treat me like his slave :)! Im happy and ive only been on here a few days but i have loved it!!! I have so many new friends that always offer supportive words :) xxx
  • cnelsdesigns
    cnelsdesigns Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO. YOU HAVE PICKED THE RIGHT PLAN. WE ALL SUPPORT YOU.:flowerforyou:
  • samsamnojam
    samsamnojam Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks for all your support everyone, and for saying hello. Lovely to meet you all.

I didn't want to work out how much I needed to lose when I first signed up, but I've now figured out that it's 100lbs, according to the BMI charts. Anyway, little steps. One day at a time. If it takes two years, I will stick at it.
  • Offical
    Options
    Good job, theres no i in team, we're all working together!
  • misstxx79
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up - every little bit counts. I'm loving this site and all of the support here. :)
  • From_flab_2_fab_xo
    Options
    Congrats on your 5lb loss!! Feel free to add me as a friend! I have also found it helps to set mini goals instead of looking at the big picture! U know ultimately what you wanna lose in total but try looking at it as 10 or 15 lbs at a time!
  • samsamnojam
    Options
    BTW, how do you add that badge that shows how much weight you've lost to your forum posts?
  • smh1067
    smh1067 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I lost 5 lbs my first week too, and now, 30 days later, I'm down 11. I think it's all about your mindset. You have patience with yourself because this isn't a diet, it's how you're going to live the rest of your life. And in the beginning, it can take time to figure out what's a change you can stick with and what are the ones you can't.

Don't let it discourage you just because it might take a long time to get where you want to go, the time will pass anyway so you might as well shoot for your goal as it does :) Everyone I know has a bad day every once in awhile and you have to be patient with yourself on that too. Pick yourself up and dust yourself off and make the next day a new day of better choices. If you don't quit, you can't fail!!

This is a great place for reaching your goals. Great community, great resources, and it's something anyone can stick with and modify to their own life. Congrats on making the choice to be a healthier you :drinker:
  • smh1067
    smh1067 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    BTW, how do you add that badge that shows how much weight you've lost to your forum posts?

Here's a link to the instructions :)
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/help/faq/49-how-do-i-add-a-ticker-to-my-forum-signature
  • xxMoonRiverxx
    Options
    congrats! thats a great accomplishment so far! you should be proud. Its always a challenge for anyone I think. You just got to want it bad enough, and keep going!

Im new here too. Feel free to add me as a friend for extra support/motivation
  • gabbychessa
    gabbychessa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your accomplishment! You are on your way to a healthier you and your son will be healthier too, as a result. Keep up the good work. We CAN do it! Love yourself for the beautiful person that you are!!!
  • samsamnojam
    Options
    Way to go! I lost 5 lbs my first week too, and now, 30 days later, I'm down 11. I think it's all about your mindset. You have patience with yourself because this isn't a diet, it's how you're going to live the rest of your life. And in the beginning, it can take time to figure out what's a change you can stick with and what are the ones you can't.

Don't let it discourage you just because it might take a long time to get where you want to go, the time will pass anyway so you might as well shoot for your goal as it does :) Everyone I know has a bad day every once in awhile and you have to be patient with yourself on that too. Pick yourself up and dust yourself off and make the next day a new day of better choices. If you don't quit, you can't fail!!

This is a great place for reaching your goals. Great community, great resources, and it's something anyone can stick with and modify to their own life. Congrats on making the choice to be a healthier you :drinker:

Great response. Thank you.
  • samsamnojam
    Options
    thank you. checking it now.
  • Sptwoman
    Sptwoman Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • samsamnojam
    Options