Joined a couple of days ago - Hope this will do the trick

Options
Hello. I joined about a year ago, and never followed through. I joined the local gym Nov 2011 going , 4-5 times a week for the past year, I some small changes, toning up, and tons of energy, but baffled why the scale won't move. I have not wanted to face the eating side of this journey, excuses, excuses, about being accountable for what I am eating. Food has long been a friend. Its time to get things moving! A friend at the gym and my sister suggested I give this another try so here i am. Its only been a few days, so far so good. I am still over on caleries but, have to start somewhere.

Replies

• mmc29
    mmc29 Posts: 2
    Options
    honestly recording your food is good! track your food, don't focus on calories but rather what food :) and eating often and drinking lots of water etc etc :)
  • cherylatkwechanged
    cherylatkwechanged Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    It's amazing how quickly you realise what your putting in your body add me if you want xx
  • ChazMikoyan
    Options
    Welcome back!

I know how you feel about the relationship with food. But I'm here to tell you that food is still your friend. I still watch food cooking shows. I still read through new and tasty-sounding recipes. I still try new and interesting tastes. And I am still able to enjoy all of the food I enjoyed before. Logging my food taught me to be more mindful of the amount of food I was enjoying. That's what has helped me most thus far.

I don't feel deprived because I'm not dieting - I'm changing my lifestyle and it will always be a work in progress.

I wish you much success. The folks here have always got your back.
  • Rejuvn8
    Options
    I have had the same problem.....working out but not changing the diet will not help that number go down. Don't obsess, but definitely log your food to get the most out of the calories you consume and make sure to keep the protein levels up if you are working out! Feel free to add me :-)