Newbie! Too many chins!!! Need some encouraging friends :-)

Options
As a 32 year old mum of 3 who works as a full time teacher, fitting in exercise and marking is a bit tricky, especially with everything else too. I definitely do not eat great!! (see previous post about a fry up). At work, I just eat the easiest thing I can but it's never too bad. It's the evening meal I find the hardest, especially as I then usually just sit and mark or watch TV.

So I have just joined and my aim is to lose 20lbs before August which is when I'm due to get married. I also want to stop the dress sizes getting any bigger and the family joke is usually at the expense of my 'Additional Chins!!'. The kids think it is hilarious, and almost every picture taken someone puts their hand under my chins to keep them up! Don't worry, this is all taken in good humour :-)

Now what I definitely don't want is a hand reaching over to prop up my chins in my wedding pictures! I need some good encouraging friends to keep reminding me about this every time I eat rubbish! Shout at me!!

Replies

• XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX
    Options
    Hey there! I am getting married in june and looking to loose 40!

I think your goal is more than reasonable :)
  • nicnoc1981
    Options
    So is yours!! Just lots of hard work! x
  • labellecanuck
    labellecanuck Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I find diet to be the most difficult aspect to control, but I'm sure as the matriarch of your family you can inspire them to get on board with you.
  • monmouth2017
    monmouth2017 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm just new to this site, and am a full-time teacher, as well. I think you might be English, as you mention a "fry up". I just moved back to Canada from living and teaching in England for 6 years. I am just really determined to lose weight. At 53, I have been through menopause and have the pot belly that appeared to appear overnight! I hate the way I feel and look in clothes, now...the thought of a bathing suit gives me the shudders!

So, let's encourage each other....and congrats on the upcoming wedding! I am a second-time around newly married person, 4 years now, and it's great!
  • cherylatkwechanged
    cherylatkwechanged Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Appear tally I shout loud feel free to add lolxx
  • kaley1988
    Options
    Hello there, i am new too i have just joined up today, i have been dieting since jan so basicall 6 weeks on monday, and nothing seems to be happening just toning myself up :( and i dont want that lol...
    Contrats on your wedding in Aug youll get there to your ideal weight if you really push and keep it in your mind.
    im a single mum to a 3 yr old, i find it hard to exercise the eating i like i like eating healthly, im trying to work out 4x a week atm :(

good luck on your journey and all the best for the big day xx
  • kaley1988
    Options
    WOW you lost 7lb? congratulations and well done, please share your secrets lol..
    so its obviously possible then seeing as your proof xx
  • kaley1988
    Options
    WOW you lost 7lbs congratulations and well done! please share your secret lol.. how long did it take you to do that? as i have to loose 9.9lbs til the end of march,

its obviously possible as your proof xx
  • stacey2022
    stacey2022 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    10 lbs is totally achievable!!
  • nicnoc1981
    Options
    Thanks guys!! Great to hear all the support so hopefully we can all support each other!!