Belly fat question

Options
Hi everybody! I am just starting my journey here, I need to lose about 60 pounds. I just turned 31 years old. I seem to lose weight evenly (in the past anyway) but at the moment I have a huge belly. I have seen a lot of people who have lost weight but are left with awful looking stomachs. I know that it's not the most important thing but I am very worried that I will have loose skin or a permanent pooch after I lose the weight. Do you have any tips to keep the skin tight and resilient throughout this? Is there anything at all I can do? Do you have before and after pics of your own abs? What did you do to get them that way? Thanks! :)

Replies

• BridgetBarger
    BridgetBarger Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I to, am in the process of losing 60lbs. I have lost 34lbs and from what I have read from other people. Skin mositizers et strength training help reduce extra skin.
  • eileenchristine
    eileenchristine Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    There is alot of info on loose skin. The advice I like best is lose weight slowly and strength train. I like ab work and I am unfortunately losing incredibly slowly, so not concerned about loose skin! I think the younger you are the skin tends to be more elastic also.

Most the forums that I have read re: loose skin are those people who have lost quickly. Like dropping 60 lbs in 6 mo. I don't think it will be an issue at 1 to 1.5 lbs a week. There is info on line also.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!