Chocolate Lover...need suggestions

Options

Replies

• GlassslippersAndFairyDust
    Options
    I'm in agreement with the majority. Get yourself a good 70-85% chocolate, I prefer Lindt. I have two squares after dinner every day and it definitely satisfies me. I've been a chocoholic for years and didn't ever think it would be possible to get my binging under control but I have. Like one poster commented though, take time to savor it. It's very low sugar at only 3 grams for 2 squares and 100 calories. I just make sure I save calories for it daily and it's good for you too.
  • pumpkinspice84
    pumpkinspice84 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Snack Well 100 cal packs have chocolate chip drizzle cookies that are really good. They help with my chocolate craving. Also Weight Watcher's chocolate raspberry ice cream is only 90 cal and really good too.
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I started to write another reply to this, but it got very long, and I turned it into a blog post. My first MFP blog post. I was seeing so many chocolate threads recently, I just wrote a whole essay! hehehe you can read it here if you wish:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Topher1978/view/healthy-eating-for-real-487691
  • 13suzie
    13suzie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Sounds like an interesting recipe! Thanks!
    for an extra specia dark chocolate treat, I made a brownie recipe, has no sugar!

2 very riped bananas (smashed well)
    1 c. unsweetened applesauce

Mix these two ingredients together very well. Gradually stir in remaining ingredients:

1/4 c. flax seed mill
    1/4 c. flour
    1/4 c. cocoa powder
    1/4 c. dark chocolate chips
    dash salt
    1/2 tsp. vanilla

Spread into 8x8 pan, Bake at 350^ for 25 minutes. Let cool before cutting. Cut into 16 bars. 51 calories each.
  • Adrini
    Adrini Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Agreed! Green and black are so addictive. I have one square a day, still only 60 calories. Love it.
  • Julie10830
    Julie10830 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Chocolove candy bars... Almond and Sea Salt in Dark chocolate.. yummmm. you can have 1/3 of a bar (6 pieces) for 159 calories. My favorite. Tons of other varieties. You can find them at Whole Foods and other stores also. I found a couple varieties at King Sooper here in Colorado.
  • twinkiemon
    twinkiemon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    What I do is I have one piece (usually a Hershey Kiss) for lunch because I'm a chocoholic too and if I don't have it eventually I'll really crave it and binge. It's just enough to satisfy my sweet tooth but not pack on the pounds.
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Hi AmandaDawnRN,

I am a chocolate lover too. If I may say so, I make an absolutely amazing three-chocolate gateau that has a dark chocolate biscuit base, a milk chocolate ganash on top and filled with a white chocolate mouse. Its so good that I've had people beating a path to my door to try it and I have contemplated entering it in the local agricultural show.

As another chocolate lover, may I suggest you just give it up. You might find it easier than torturing yourself with eating a square here or there. Since starting MFP - I haven't eaten chocolate and I don't even think about it. I try and quench my cravings for sweet things by making friends with fresh fruit again.
    All the best,

Ben
  • ladylaidler68
    Options
    :smile: FOR ALL CHOCOHOLICS Cadbury fredo frog is brill for that chocolate boost with only 79 calories a bar goes down lovely with a cuppa tea if you suck the bar till it melts in your month it lasts longer
  • rotill
    rotill Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    When I am really desperate and don't have a lot of calories to spend, I make cocoa from powder, with skim milk and splenda or stevia. Warm, comforting and delicious, if you start out with good cocoa powder.
  • littlemisschunky
    littlemisschunky Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm the same, have just found some dark chocolate coated rice cakes in my local supermarket. Delicious, filling and only 86 calories !
  • PaulFromEssex
    Options
    I find chocolate protein shakes hit the spot nicely ... mmmmmmm
  • 89Madeline
    89Madeline Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    The darker the better I'd say! Also, I love the Reeses minis in dark chocolate. 2 pieces is 88 calories. I love them, because it's chocolate & peanutbutter, so it kinda fills me up and I will usually eat only 2 or 3 to satisfy me. It's such a nice little treat!
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jello pudding cups...dark choc 60 cals or sugar free fudge pops.

I love those Jello pudding cups!

I really believe that you can eat chocolate (good chocolate!) and still lose weight and maintain health. Have a little bit and enjoy it, and get in some extra exercise if you need to offset the calories. .

Mmmmm chocolate!
  • ttiiggzz
    ttiiggzz Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I walked into another section at work yesterday and they had a chocolate hazelnut coffee brewing... omg it tasted good.
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    Options
    i get these double chocolate protein bars from aldi. im not sure if you have one in your area. they made for a good quick on the go breakfast and also cure the chocolate fix. 170 calories a bar. you could play with baking recipes. sub apple sauce to make brownies? i found a devils good cake you make with diet pop on skinnygal website?
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I drink non fat chocolate milk every day. Love it. I rarely actually eat chocolate now.
  • hubtech
    hubtech Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi AmandaDawnRN. I am a distributor for a line of Healthy Chocolates that I'm sure you would love. They use cacao that is blanched, unfermented, sun-dried, non-roasted and cold-pressed, which means it boasts eight times the levels of epicatechins and catechins, and four times the levels of procyanidins than cacao produced with standard processing. In other words, it's full of antioxidants, low in sugar and diabetic friendly. No waxes or fillers.

The nutritional info is on the web site. Have a look - http://mxi.myvoffice.com/xotimechocolate1
  • sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Wow lots of great suggestions!! I'm making a shopping list and planning to try the Green and Black. Where's the best place to buy this?

G&B is available in most stores, health food stores also have them. But I get mine in bulk(12 ct) from iherb.:happy:
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Bought 5 Intense Dark 86% Cacao Midnight Reverie Bars last night because they were on sale for $2. They are really good! It is 86% which is a little less than the Lindt I usually get, but it is delicious! 5 bars is 20 days worth of chocolate, unless I go for some hikes. I will normally eat 1.5 servings of chocolate on those days, which is 3 das worth for me. I always bring nuts, seeds, raisins and chocolate when i am hiking!!