Love yourself unconditionally.

Options
Love yourself unconditionally.

Regrettably, some people battling obesity feel they are unworthy of love. Years of negative comments has made them feel unlovable--even though that is not the case.

Perhaps you have spent so many years hating your outer self that you can no longer see any inward beauty. Your self-worth is not dependant on your outward appearance. Own this concept today! Do not hesitate to break down those beliefs of worthlessness.

Action for the day: Think of someone who loves you absolutely, and take a peek at yourself through that person's eyes. If you still can't see, ask that person directly to share the beauty they see in you. Don't worry about appearances; you're not being narcissistic. This is about your emotional healing--about finally recognizing the beauty that is in you.

© 2010, National Association for Weight Loss Surgery. All rights reserved.

Replies

• rhstyles
    rhstyles Posts: 36
    Options
    Much needed advice...thank you! :flowerforyou:
  • blackbird498
    Options
    Love this. This is what I've been struggling with recently, despite knowing that I'm all these great traits rolled into one. My mom even wrote in a card to me that the world needed my brains, ambition, caring, and love and I still didn't take it to heart. I guess I just need to prove it to myself.
  • blackbird498
    Options
    Love this. This is what I've been struggling with recently, despite knowing that I'm all these great traits rolled into one. My mom even wrote in a card to me that the world needed my brains, ambition, caring, and love and I still didn't take it to heart. I guess I just need to prove it to myself.
  • auttyfrmca
    auttyfrmca Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have a problem with beating myself up for having a bad day or week. In fact I REALLY struggle wth this. My mom and my husband are constantly tellimg me I'm more than my food!
  • Fabulocity
    Fabulocity Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing this.