Shopping guilt

Kath712
Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
edited September 20 in Success Stories
Hi,
I went clothes shopping yesterday. I'm so happy because I'm down a size, and everything that I tried on fit great. So I bought almost everything I tried on. But I have guilt over how much money I spent. I keep telling myself that I need the clothes for work (which I do, I'm in a new job). And we can afford it (DH and I are both working, and making more money than ever). But I've never spent so much at one time before. And I've cleaned out my closet of all my baggy, too-big clothes, so my closet was looking pretty depressing. Now it's full again.

Please help me get over my shopping guilt! Thanks!

Replies

• YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    I say, save the guilt for when you have really done something wrong! That's what the emotion is there for. You didn't do anything wrong...for sure! You have made a healthy life change and now you have reaped some of the fun benefits. Enjoy!
  • scarecrow41
    scarecrow41 Posts: 116
    I'm guessing this was a long overdue reward...not guilt necessary. As a side note: What does DH stand for? I assume its husband, but not sure about the "D" part.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,760 Member
    No reason to feel guilty! You've worked hard to lose weight and deserve the new clothes.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Buyer's Remorse, I think by the time you check this thread again you'll be over it, and be happy with your purchases.
  • pamw22
    pamw22 Posts: 77
    Dont feel guilty!!! Maybe next time you can buy half. If the guild if killing you just return a piece of clothing you bought so you can feel better. Remember you will keep losing the weight so there will be more shopping days ahead of you :wink:
  • rcatr
    rcatr Posts: 374 Member
    enjoy your reward! you have worked hard to have your clothes be baggy! enjoy how awesome and attractive you feel!

SO LONG GUILT! Hello HOTNESS! :bigsmile:
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    I'm guessing this was a long overdue reward...not guilt necessary. As a side note: What does DH stand for? I assume its husband, but not sure about the "D" part.

Dear Husband

OP - Enjoy your reward! :smile: Clothes that actually fit!
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Thanks, everyone! I knew you would make me feel better. :bigsmile:

Yes, the reward was long overdue. Last summer, I barely got by with the clothes I had. But I was working 3 days a week, so it was a little easier. I knew I was going to have to buy new clothes this summer anyway. But now, I'm working 5 days a week, and I have to go to big meetings, so I needed suits and dressy pants. The bonus is the new clothes are a smaller size!!

And yes, DH is Dear Husband. And he is a dear. He calls me "Hot" on a regular basis! :bigsmile:
  • Melora
    Melora Posts: 65 Member
    Take those baggy clothes to a consignment shop and get some of the money you spent on the new clothes back.
  • Kelly11
    Kelly11 Posts: 75 Member
    Perhaps you could donate the clothes you're getting rid of, and use the donation as a tax deduction! Then, you're helping someone else AND getting a little money back :) Congrats on the needed purchases!
  • CMomma23
    CMomma23 Posts: 132 Member
    :flowerforyou: Don't feel guilty! I do this too!!! But I look at this way... I would rather reward myself and spend the money for my hard work... Then hold onto baggy clothes that I would use 'to fall back on'... This way... for you, there is NO turning back! Way to Go on the Success!!! And with the success you need the reward! You are feeling better and with the right clothes looking it to! Don't feel guilty, you earned it!
    When your girl's outgrow their clothes, you go buy them more and you can't feel guilty because you think...'My babies need clothes that fit'... Well, treat yourself the same way! Congrats to you! :bigsmile:
  • mirgss
    mirgss Posts: 275 Member
    I too have spent a LOT of money on clothes in the past few months. I was in a similar situation - tired of feeling like a bag lady at work. Plus at least 50% of my wardrobe was black. So don't feel guilty! Enjoy your success and the way you look in your new clothes.
  • kmkenfield
    kmkenfield Posts: 3
    Story of my life. I'm a shop-a-holic. You only live once! Give up coffee all week or stay in for dinner. Or don't rent that movie.. etc. money adds up fast so you might as well spend it on clothes!!!!! You only live once. no biggie :)
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Good clothes are an investment...think about it this way; you could spend a lot at one time, and have a warddrobe that you know is well coordinated and not full of duplicates, or do onesy-twosey shopping all the time and end up with 8 black cardigans because you just can't remember if you already have one or not!
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!