6 weeks until my wedding!!!!!!!!

Options
help!!!!! I have 6 weeks until my wedding, what is the quickest way to lose a stone and tone up or have I left it too late?????

Replies

• indysteve
    indysteve Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    30 day shred from jillian micheals, would help. its 20 minutes sessions. and they are on youtube
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred as already suggested or something like the Insanity or P90X workouts. To get noticeable improvement in 6 weeks your best bet is going to be in high intensity interval training, which is what those workout programs do.
  • Timetochange4ever
    Options
    Thank you I'm nearly finished 30 day shred but I still have a lot more work to do. I was going to try ripped in 30 but I haven't seen many result pictures from this workout
  • Lindseyelizabeth87
    Lindseyelizabeth87 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Why is this posted in Success Stories???
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    6 weeks isn't much--I'd say that you need to incorporate some heavy lifting and HIIT--maybe reduce your carb intake to minimize water retention and make sure you're eating at a deficit. 6 weeks isn't that long so you could get away with a larger deficit for a while (say 750-1000 calories) ...with that intake you can lose 9-12 pounds but a stone is not realistic.
  • Timetochange4ever
    Options
    Why is this posted in Success Stories???

Because I would like to have some advice from people that have managed to lose a stone and tone up in 6 weeks
  • jsmustang
    jsmustang Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It needs to be posted under a different category. You don;t have a success story yet.
  • Lindseyelizabeth87
    Lindseyelizabeth87 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    6 weeks isn't much--I'd say that you need to incorporate some heavy lifting and HIIT--maybe reduce your carb intake to minimize water retention and make sure you're eating at a deficit. 6 weeks isn't that long so you could get away with a larger deficit for a while (say 750-1000 calories) ...with that intake you can lose 9-12 pounds but a stone is not realistic.

This section is meant for people to be able to come and read success stories.
    There are other sections meant for questions like yours, have a browse. ;)

You're more likely to have people looking for inspiration in here than you have success posters IMO.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options

This section is meant for people to be able to come and read success stories.
    There are other sections meant for questions like yours, have a browse. ;)

You're more likely to have people looking for inspiration in here than you have success posters IMO.

not sure why you quoted my post in response to the OP--helping her was more useful than telling her she posted it in the wrong place.
  • Saritamac25
    Saritamac25 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    If I were you I would NOT go the route of reducing calories to nothing, instead I would do 30 minutes of intense cardio EVERY day and pair up with 30 day shred or Insanity would be better. Keep calories at a healthy amount for your size and the amount of activity you are doing. Don't worry about the amount you lose, worry about how you look. Scale won't matter if you lose inches. Good Luck and Congrats!
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Let's ask it differently - does losing a significant amount of weight by your wedding put you at risk of no longer fitting into your dress?
  • purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Have you been fitted for your dress?
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Juice fast, 30 DS..I can't think of anything else :laugh: good luck!!
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    You buying a dress of the rack (if there is such a thing)? Cause I was under the impression you have to be fitted a while before the big day.
  • Timetochange4ever
    Options
    Thanks very much for all your comments. I think maybe I should try running every day alongside 30DS, hopefully this will work.
    I would like to lose a stone because I am comfortable with the way I look at that weight. I am meeting with my dressmaker every week so she is adjusting the dress as I go, the dress was originally way too small but each week I am fitting into it better.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Thanks very much for all your comments. I think maybe I should try running every day alongside 30DS, hopefully this will work.
    I would like to lose a stone because I am comfortable with the way I look at that weight. I am meeting with my dressmaker every week so she is adjusting the dress as I go, the dress was originally way too small but each week I am fitting into it better.

Running and cardio in general will definitely help increase the loss. And glad you are getting closer to fitting better in the dress.
  • Timetochange4ever
    Options

Running and cardio in general will definitely help increase the loss. And glad you are getting closer to fitting better in the dress.

Thank you:smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!