Yummy Pork Roast Slow Cooker Recipe

Options
My sister, ShelleyJo, gave me a new recipe for pork roast in the slow cooker; and I just wanted to pass it along to anyone who's interested. I fixed it for the first time yesterday, and my husband & I loved it!

We buy the lean pork roast at Costco.

Place roast in slow cooker and add 1/4 C water
Add a handful of whole, peeled garlic cloves and sliced, sauteed onions
Add lemon pepper
Squeeze a little lemon and lime juice over roast
Add worcetershire sauce

I cooked on high for 5 hours. Roast was moist & tender, garlic cloves were mellow & buttery....and the broth was fabulous!

Replies

• needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    sounds good. I'll have to try it. Love my slow cooker!
  • binkybabe
    Options
    Yes, slow cookers rock!! Especially if it's a day when we have our grandbebes. Lol! And congratulations on your weight loss....you inspire me! :D
  • dlegros
    dlegros Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Made a lovely spicy chicken slop in mine today whilst I was out training!

Half remembered recipe from one of the MFP posts...

2 large chicken breasts
    1 Pot of salsa
    1 Pack of taco seasoning

All thrown in together and cooked on Low for about 6-7 hours.

Then shredded the chicken and served in tortillas.

Nice but the taco seasoning came through a bit harsh...

EDIT: Binky, how big was the pork?
  • berfy
    berfy Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! Hubby & I have been talking about trying pork in the slow cooker, so maybe I'll try this.
  • binkybabe
    Options
    Diegros, the pork roast was approx 2 1/4 lbs.
  • mercina22
    mercina22 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Was the pork sliceable or did it melt and becobe shreadable? Either way sounds delish!
  • binkybabe
    Options
    When it was still warm, it shredded when I tried slicing it! Lol! But when I used refrigerated roast for sandwhiches, it sliced quite nicely.

One tip for shredding pork or parboiled chicken is to place in KitchenAid mixing bowl. Run mixer with mixing paddle for no more than 20 seconds....Voila! Meat is perfectly shredded. The key is that the meat still has to be hot.:bigsmile:
  • janalo55
    janalo55 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My problem with a slow cooker is I leave the house 10 hours before I get home. Most recipes say 4 to 8 hours. But with an 8 hour work day, drive time and an hour lunch, it is at least 10 hours... would this one be good cooked that long?
  • lisa28115
    lisa28115 Posts: 17,271 Member
    Options
    My problem with a slow cooker is I leave the house 10 hours before I get home. Most recipes say 4 to 8 hours. But with an 8 hour work day, drive time and an hour lunch, it is at least 10 hours... would this one be good cooked that long?

its doable...put your cooker on low
  • lisa28115
    lisa28115 Posts: 17,271 Member
    Options
    Salsa Chicken

1lb of fresh cubed chicken
    1 jar of salsa
    1 can of black beans
    1 can of corn

cook on low all day

serve over rice

I added a can of rotel to mine to add a little more spice but you don't have too