60 lbs lost, health & confidence gained

Options
Lyndseed
Lyndseed Posts: 79 Member
I can't believe I'm finally doing this, but....

beforeduringafter.jpg

I started going to Zumba classes at my local gym about a year ago, and started using my fitness pal around the same time. I've come to the "success stories" section of the forums a few times a week over the past year, because it's so encouraging to see others succeed at what we're probably all working at. I wanted to share my pictures in the hopes that it will be the same encouragement for someone just starting out. You always hear, "a year from now you'll wish you'd started today...." and today I'm glad I started a year ago. :-)

I've reset my goal a few times, but have met/passed my original one, so I figured now is a good a time to share this as any. From here on out, I'm just working on continuing to eat healthy, working out, and by doing so try to continue to lower my bf %. Best wishes to everyone on their own journey!

Here's a huge THANK YOU!! to everyone for posting about your successes and setbacks, it's been so helpful to me over the past year!

And because I'm a Ravens fan still gloating over a superbowl win:
"Greatness is a lot of small things done well, stacked up on each other." --Ray Lewis

Replies

• Valera0466
    Valera0466 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Quite inspiring you have done awesome!
  • coastie_wife07
    Options
    you look great, congrats
  • mumofsix
    mumofsix Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congrats on your loss. I love Zumba,not really co ordinated,but its a fun workout and i sweat lol
  • Lauralei36
    Lauralei36 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Amazing, well done!
  • evansproudmama
    Options
    AMAZING!! May I ask how tall you are? You look sooo tiny!! I had the same starting weight and am currently at 161 I cant wait to get down to a single digit pant size and throw these dang 10s in the trash Way to go lady thanks for the inspiration!!
  • 780ck
    780ck Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You have done fantastic! Thanks for the inspiration :) Stand proud...
  • Lyndseed
    Lyndseed Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    @ evansproud, I'm pretty darn short... 5'1.5" (when you're this short, the half inch counts!)
  • usedmemories07
    usedmemories07 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That's Amazing, Congrats! You look so much younger!
  • wcso911mn
    wcso911mn Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    And because I'm a Ravens fan still gloating over a superbowl win:
    "Greatness is a lot of small things done well, stacked up on each other." --Ray Lewis

EWWWWWWWW!!!!
    You are a true inspiration (said the die-hard Steelers fan).
    Enough said? :bigsmile:
  • evansproudmama
    Options
    @ evansproud, I'm pretty darn short... 5'1.5" (when you're this short, the half inch counts!)

LOL okay well thank you :-) I can't seem to decide on a goal weight so I like to see how others weigh/look in comparison to the height factor. I know as I get closer to my right weight Ill know it. Thanks again and congrats!! You should be so proud of yourself!!
  • theresao68
    Options
    I just started Zumba! I am so happy to see that it works!!!! You look great!
  • Otter1422
    Otter1422 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Awesome, good for you!
  • mjhmjhmjh
    mjhmjhmjh Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Well done, you look fantastic! I feel more motivated seeing your pictures!
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Zumba is a great tool!

I too enjoy the success stories, they just keep me going some days.
  • Cslauson86
    Cslauson86 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Love, love, LOVE your story and photos! Thanks for posting! Lots of motivation!
  • RenewedRunner
    RenewedRunner Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Woohoo, you look great!!!
  • txbelle01
    txbelle01 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!! INSPIRING! I'm at 52lbs and can see light at the end of tunnel! :)
  • brookehe
    brookehe Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Lyndsay, thanks a million gazillion for sharing your success story. As I'm only 40 days into my journey this is SOOOOO helpful and motivating. Congratulations on a job well done, be very proud of yourself!

Brooke from Colorado
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Wow! Incredible! You look amazing! X
  • HeidibooJB
    HeidibooJB Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! A great accomplishment, to be sure. Zumba is a life changer; I was remarking the other day how I sound like an infomercial for Zumba. It's helped me lose 55 lbs, and now I teach, and get to help others get fit!
    It's amazing!! Zumba :heart:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!