Snow = workout!

Options
3hrs of shovelling, burning 1500 cals.Nice heavy snow, lots of twisting to throw to the side. Great workout.
Boo ya!
Might even go out an do unecessary shoveling tomorrow, just for the workout.

Replies

• ililexy
    Options
    lol!! I just did 80 mins and burned 405 calories shovelling, my abs were on fire! Great work out!
  • fitnessgal1318
    Options
    Me too! 2+ hours and more on tap for tomorrow....squatting, lifting, carrying shovels of snow= one hell of a workout!! :)
  • tinabatinaflc
    Options
    Truth! I just shoveled my car out and feel the burn just from that 20 minutes :) I was starting to feel like a lazy blob today too...
  • Mverdecia1
    Options
    Heck yes! We have more to do too and I have already burned 700.....I feel like collapsing.... hahaha
  • scorpio516
    scorpio516 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Instead, I snowshoed down the closed street and around the park :D

(Apartment maintenance clears the snow)
  • deannakittygirl
    deannakittygirl Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    yes it is a workout! I have a snowblower but have opted for shoveling most days just for the workout. we had the storm go through Thursday and it was wet heavy snow and that was a heavy lifting day x2! I must say 55 pounds ago I wouldn't have been able to do it. I definitely saw my endurance had improved from last year. so if nothing else I got in better shape to be able to make it through winter.:smile:
  • dhanisk
    Options
    My motivation to shovel snow has also seen a lot higher this season once I learnt its calorie-burning power:-)
  • XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX
    Options
    Shovelled for an hour and a half.

Great workout.
    I should go do some more so my drive is finished, but I am beat.
  • Songbird146
    Songbird146 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My husband just bought a snow blower but I still prefer to shovel for that very reason.