Les Mills Pump Question

Options
Hi,
Just wondering if anybody has had success using dumbbells with LMP?
I have a nice collection of dumbbells and I don't think I really have the space for a barbell.
Thankks! :)

Replies

• bubblybabeuk
    bubblybabeuk Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Some people in my class use dumb bells instead of barbells, can't see there would be much difference. Good luck
  • Cheryl188
    Cheryl188 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if I understand this correctly, but you don't bring your own weights to the class. They are provided for you.
    Why don't you want to use the bar?
  • ckennard73
    ckennard73 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I do not go to a class. I was given the Beachbody version, which I'll be doing at home. I don't have a lot of space or money, which is why I don't want to go out and buy a bar if I don't have to. Thanks!
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    I haven't done it personally, but I know you can use them for some of the moves in class. I expect it would have a similar effect.
  • ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it for 55 days so far. Down 10lbs and will take measurements again in 5 days.

I LOVE the program! Also, the weights stack nicely, not taking up much room. :)
  • assilembob
    assilembob Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I don't see dumbells working for the back moves, some of the chest/tricep tracks. I use dumbells on the leg tracks and most of the shoulder moves thanks to having neck issues (can't hold the bar behind my head). The current bicep track works with plates or dumbells (it's designed to be used with plates) but I don't know which release you have.
  • ckennard73
    ckennard73 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the replies. I think I'll give it a try with my dumbbells and go from there. Excited to start. It seems like a fun program!