In honor of Lent

Options
Azexas
Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
Does any one have any good fish recipes? We eat fish on Fridays during lent..( If we can remember). I'm good with chicken... not so much when it comes to fish. We pretty much eat all types of fish. :) Thanks!

Replies

• candirose69
    Options
    last good friday I made Basa Fillets baked over potato and cherry tomatoes with white wine over the top!
  • starvinkevin
    Options
    "Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ." Colossians 2:16-17
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I use frozen Tilapia fillets, put lots of lemon juice, minced garlic, and a little butter on each one, bake at 375 or so for 5 minutes each side (flip at 5) then put broiler on, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and finish until flakey. Super easy and so tasty!
  • carryingon
    carryingon Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    not healthy, but here it goes

1 box stuffing mix
    1/2 cup parmesan cheese (the kind in the shaker) more if necessary
    butter
    Tialpia

process stuffing / seasoning packet/ and parmesan in food processor
    dredge fish in melted butter than in stuffing and parmesan mixture

Bake 20 minutes At 400
  • Catlady87
    Catlady87 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Kedgeree is great!! I'll find my recipe tomorrow and post it here
  • Pinkylee77
    Pinkylee77 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I make fish or shrimp tacos. cook the fish or shrimp in some green salsa and lime juice you can add cilantro if you like it I do. I make a cabbage slaw with a bit of olive oil and white wine vinegar, salt. corn tortillas
    I grill the tortillas that have been sprayed with a bit of Pam fill with fish, top with slaw and a touch of low fat sour cream.
    These are great!
  • rosy003
    rosy003 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    We eat baked or grilled salmon all the time. Season with salt and pepper, in the oven at 400 for 15-20 minutes, depending on how thick. I make dill sauce using nonfat Greek yogurt, dill weed and lemon juice. Even my toddlers love it.
  • lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I like getting salmon. and baking it- but the trick is to make a foil bowl thing and add lemon and herbs and some season salt then before putting it into the oven wrapp the foin all around so that way it kind of steams inside the foil then when you open it up all the juices surround the fish and i usually cut the top of the foil and serve it still in the foil thing.... if that makes sense.. lol.. its sooo good!!!
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Thank you, thank you for everyone who replied with helpful info! Looks like I will be in good supply for the next few weeks. I did just get some salmon.
  • tatyajansen
    tatyajansen Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend checking out www.skinnytaste.com, she has awesome recipes.