Please help? : )

Options
Hey guys! I'm going to the grocery store today and could use your help. I work in an office from 7-4 and with a family member who lives and breathes fast food. What are some good meals I should buy for this week.. both lunch and supper? What are your favorites that I could whip up ??
Thanks!

Replies

• Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Fresh fruits (banana's, strawberries, apples, pears)
    Salad stuff: Lettace, spinach, tomatos, carrots, sprouts(good for main course or side)
    Healthy choice steamers (Great complete meal that is filling)
    Nuts and dried fruits
    Whole weat crackers and cheese
    Little packages of tuna
  • Thinwithin2010
    Thinwithin2010 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Get some boneless chicken breast, turkey breast tenderloin and season them up with whatever spices you like. When done baking them let them cool, slice them up and divide the meat into small containers and put in fridge for the week.. Use them in your salads or come home and add a yam or potato and vegies.. It helps in my house so we get our protien in.... good luck..
  • dmags
    dmags Posts: 303
    Options
    I get chicken cutlets (smaller and cheaper than getting the breasts), soak them in buttermilk and spices for a day or 2, dip them with progresso italian panko bread crumbs.(sometimes I add parmesean to the bread crumbs) and bake for 20 mintues. Great alone or in a sandwich. I bake 6 at a time, eat one for dinner and reheat the rest when I need it. The butter milk makes the bread crumbs stick, so you don't need an egg or anything.
  • Eliannasmom
    Eliannasmom Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    try allrecipies.com or recipezaar.com for great recipie ideas they both have shopping list features which makes grocery shopping super fast... and helps you stick to what your really need so no extra spending or eating!!!
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I really like pitas. Pitas, lettuce, alfalfa sprouts, tomato, pickles, mustard, tiny bit mayo, and deli meat.
  • Pinksapphire74
    Options
    I eat a lot of salads, fresh fruit, I love earth grains multi grain bread with 2 slices of avacodo, sliced roma tomato, deli sliced turkey breats and a little garlic powder! You can find great low cal and fast recipes on allrecipes.com, I make coconut milk soup in my crock pot so it is ready when I get home. You can also do eggs, turkey bacon, oatmeal, protien shakes and bars, sssooo many wonderful choices out there. For sweets I get weight watchers stuff or ricotta with a packet of stevia, tsp of pure almond extract and toasted raw almonds! Nuts are good too as long as they are raw and if you like almonds soak them for a few hours, this makes them taste amazing and gives you more of what your body needs. Good luck and God Bless you!
  • MzMolly
    MzMolly Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    If I need convience then I really like Weight Watchers has a lot of really good meals as does Healthy Choice. But my BIGGEST tip I can give you if you like to cook is the Cooking Light magazine! IT IS AMAZING!!! Wonderful and easy recipes and it gives you all of the nutrition counts so you can keep track! Good luck and keep intouch.
  • amillionmegs
    amillionmegs Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    wow thats awesome, thanks for all of the helpful tips guys! :)