Good ideas for vegan pre/post-workout snacks?

Options
So, I'm new to this whole exercise thing - I'm only exercising for half an hour of light cardio at the moment, but it's a start. The problem is, after I exercise, I always get ravenously hungry, which leads me to eat back my exercise calories ... and then some. Obviously, this isn't a good thing - I want to exercise, but not if it stops me from sticking to my diet!

How should I eat after exercising to stop this from happening? I'm vegan, and only burn around 150 calories a workout, so please don't post anything too high-calorie, as it'll undo all my good work! Thanks :)

Replies

• Nessa0506
    Options
    Apple and sunflower seeds
    Fruit smoothie
    Vegetable juice
    Oatmeal
    Sweet potato
  • sciamachy
    Options
    Thanks! I don't normally eat most of these things other than oats and apples, but I get the theme of complex carbs, right? So, I made myself a chickpea flour pancake with mushrooms for dinner after my run, and indulged in some homemade fudge :)
  • assilembob
    assilembob Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I usually have a few almonds, an apple and peanut butter, oatmeal, or a vega one shake.
  • sciamachy
    Options
    Oooh, apple and nut butter sounds yummy! Thanks!
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    So, I'm new to this whole exercise thing - I'm only exercising for half an hour of light cardio at the moment, but it's a start. The problem is, after I exercise, I always get ravenously hungry, which leads me to eat back my exercise calories ... and then some. Obviously, this isn't a good thing - I want to exercise, but not if it stops me from sticking to my diet!

How should I eat after exercising to stop this from happening? I'm vegan, and only burn around 150 calories a workout, so please don't post anything too high-calorie, as it'll undo all my good work! Thanks :)

I would be looking at increasing time or intensity of cardio. 150 calories isn't much.
    Even the humble apple is around 80 calories.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I would't think you'd need a post work out snack after only burning 150 calories. I don't buy the whole "post work out need food" idea. I will just eat something if I'm hungry. I will be sure to drink some water though.