Circuit Training Creating Your Own Advice

Options
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to know when creating your own style circuit training what should I try to incorporate and not incorporate.

I have designed the following to be completed in a duration of 25-40 minutes depending on how I feel I try to incorporate majority of muscle groups and have my heart rate elevated high.

This is it.

I used a schoolyard and play equipment.

I complete 3 circuits all 3 use the following at the start then the vary by exercises at the end.
(1)

Skip - 30 seconds
Skip - 10 crosses
Skip - 10 double unders
Sprint 100 metres - 50 there and 50 back
Squats - 20 Bodyweight only
Jumping Lunges - 10 each side
Rest 30seconds - 1 minute

(2)
Skip - 30 seconds
Skip - 10 crosses
Skip - 10 double unders
20 Pushups
20 Dips

(3)

Skip - 30 seconds
Skip - 10 crosses
Skip - 10 double unders
Pullups - 10
Inverted Row - 10

I can change alot of this as the schoolyard has a variety of options this is just something I come up with for a HIIT circuit style workout to complete these 3 circuits as many times as possible within the allotted time.

Replies

• darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Sounds good - a mix of pure CV and bodyweight exercises. I'd be tempted to add something for shoulders. Could you fill a bag with gravel or something else that's heavy then do shoulder presses, burpees or overhead swings... or even run with the bag?

I think the trick is to make it challenging but as it gets easier you have to crank it up a notch eg do it quicker or make segments harder in some way eg more plyometric in nature.
  • brentsblog
    brentsblog Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You are right I do need something for shoulders I don't like the bag idea as I am creating the circuit to basically use equipment that's already there as I don't want to be walking to the school with a big bag of gravel although it may be a good workout think it may look a little strange haha
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    You are right I do need something for shoulders I don't like the bag idea as I am creating the circuit to basically use equipment that's already there as I don't want to be walking to the school with a big bag of gravel although it may be a good workout think it may look a little strange haha

Put the gravel in a sports bag. Then you look like you're walking around carrying a bag of school books. In fact, just take a load of school books and dump them in a bag. Then you ARE carrying a load of school books.

I think carrying heavy things makes an exercise routine more intense and stimulates muscles more.