Feeling so tired!

Options
2»

Replies

• PamelaKilgoreLowery
    Options
    It's also not just about eating "more"..but also eating smarter. I'm all for the fast food/junk food in moderation but there are higher calorie foods that are also good for you that will help you easily meet your goals :)

Foods like peanut butter, olive oil, eggs, butter (not the substitutes), avocado oil, protein powders, granola bars (like Nature Valley), protein bars, oatmeal, potatoes, yams, sweet potatoes, breads, pastas, rice, cheese, milk, meats, no low calorie condiments/snacks, etc. Maybe include some ice cream :)

I think I eat smart. I THINK anyways. Can you see my diary?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    It's also not just about eating "more"..but also eating smarter. I'm all for the fast food/junk food in moderation but there are higher calorie foods that are also good for you that will help you easily meet your goals :)

Foods like peanut butter, olive oil, eggs, butter (not the substitutes), avocado oil, protein powders, granola bars (like Nature Valley), protein bars, oatmeal, potatoes, yams, sweet potatoes, breads, pastas, rice, cheese, milk, meats, no low calorie condiments/snacks, etc. Maybe include some ice cream :)

I think I eat smart. I THINK anyways. Can you see my diary?

It looks like you don't have too big a prob getting to around 1400. So I think you'll be able to do 1600 easy :) But you said it was going to be hard but it won't.

For instance, you had a chunk of cheese and a banana for lunch. Not sure if you were on the run or whatnot, but next time, maybe include a spoonful of peanut butter. (If you like or can eat peanut butter.) That would up you by about 150-200 cals.

I love Nature Valley Honey n'Oats bars. For one package (2 bars) it is 190 calories and a great snack :)

Just keep adding things here and there and see what works with you. Like adding olive oil to your pasta, etc. :) Protein isolate powders are pretty great too :) I use Optimum Nutrition Double Chocolate :D
  • mrsricta
    Options
    As I am sure people have written here if you are eating at such a low calorie intake you should eat your workout calories back. I will say that I started at 1200 calories a day and was totally naive to the whole "how much to eat" thing. I upped my calories to 1675 a day and STILL eat back most of my workout calories and I have been having great success with the weight coming off! If you're not feeling well you are probably not eating enough. Best suggestion would be to up the calories and try to get most of those extra calories in as protein :)
  • mrsricta
    Options
    Mfp is telling me to eat 1200 calories a day! I have it put in to lose 2 pounds a week and that I am lightly active.

Keep in mind that it is 1200 + exercise calories.

Also, MFP gives 1,200 calories as the guideline for pretty much EVERYONE. It's not based on much science to be honest!
  • taurus66
    taurus66 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was doing the same as you & feeling the same way. Once I started eating more everything balanced out. I average about 1400-1500 calories a day and feel much better.