40 yr. old mom with 100+ lbs to lose!

Options
Hi everyone! I am happily married, full-time working mom of 4 children and have 100+ pounds to lose. My husband and I are starting this journey together and so that makes me feel glad to have his support in doing this with him. I generally have a wonderful outlook on life, am a happy soul and having a great time in this thing called life. There are days that my weight gets me done but realize that this something only "I" can change. Would love to make some friends who I can support and have support from to keep motivated.

Replies

• Garcialynne
    Garcialynne Posts: 33
    Options
    Hello I am 45 and a mom of 2. I have 112 pounds to go, I have been on here for about 4 weeks and love the site. If u want you can add me as a friend. I am always looking for support and to be able to give support
  • MaybeImNot
    MaybeImNot Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    check out Tamishumate -- she's lose 166lbs at age 40 and is *amazing*

Good luck!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Welcome..... my husband and I started here in January 2009. He has lost 70 lbs and is now a spinning instructor and an avid cyclist.
    I have lost 87 lbs and have become a gym rat and am on a dragon boat team.

This is a great site and it is wonderful that you are doing this with your husband.
  • CreativeRedhead
    CreativeRedhead Posts: 2,166
    Options
    Hi! Welcome to the most amazing site ever. Lol! No seriously this site is awesome and the people are simply wonderful. I'm also a mom of 4 just a little younger than you.:wink: I'd love to help keep you motivated! Bood luck on your journey here. :flowerforyou:
  • dazy64
    dazy64 Posts: 3
    Options
    I too am 40 plus 6 lol, I have 3 boys 5, 18, 24. I have 60lbs to loose and need the encouragement as well, have tried lots of things with no luck, have polycystic ovaries and no metabolism, am doing Zumba though (just started last week) love it!
    You can do this!!! I love that your husband it hanging in there too. Good luck! and keep up the great attitude!
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm 39 and started my journey toward health almost a year and a half ago. Add me as a friend if you'd like!
  • nurseseabreeze75
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I find it helpful to log your food diary everyday. I have only been here a few days but love this site. My husband and I are doing this together also. My sister and my Mom have also joined. Good luck on your weight loss.
  • Whiskey5JDA
    Whiskey5JDA Posts: 37
    Options
    you can do it indy! just remember when it seems hard that phillipians 4:13 says that we can do all things thru Jesus, who strengthens us. I have been on here for almost 3 months and have lost nearly 50#. the best advice i can give is 1. make smart decisions 2. read labels 3. fast food is not your friend 4. be patient. women lose weight slower than men do. and 5. EXERCISE! EXERCISE EXERCISE EXERCISE. even if it is only a few times a week. it will help out. thanks for joining!