protein powder recipes please.

lin7604
lin7604 Posts: 2,951 Member
i just ought my 1st container of whey chocolate protein powder and want to bake with it... any recipes would be great. I am not a huge shake fan but need more protein, so i figured i'd bake with it...

Replies

• ktmmom189
    ktmmom189 Posts: 132 Member
    Well I do shakes, but my newest breakfast is plain greek yogurt mixed with protein powder. Tastes just like pudding. I also put it in my oatmeal.
  • DlowG
    DlowG Posts: 9
    bump
  • traceylynns
    traceylynns Posts: 155 Member
    I found a bunch on Pinterest this is one of my favorites

Protein bars!!!
    13 grams of protein 181 cals and 22 carbs!!!
    ~ ~ ~ Chocolate Protein Bars~ ~
    Dry ingredients:
    2 cups rolled oats
    1 cup chocolate whey protein powder
    ¼ cup nuts (I suggest chopped/slivered almonds or peanuts)
    ½ Tbsp. cinnamon

Wet ingredients:
    ½ cup Natural Peanut butter
    ¼ cup honey
    ¼ cup water
    ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
    1 tsp. vanilla
    Mix wet ingredients in Micro safe bowl. cook 30 secs mix until creamy might have to heat a little longer. Then mix the 2 together. I lined a 8X8 pan with wax paper, Put the mixture in the pan and press down. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes then flip it out and cut into 12 bars. we wrapped them in snack sized bags that way I can just grab and go!!
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Honestly that sounds pretty terrible. When you cook, make real food that is high in protein. Don't ruin food that isn't.
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Protein Pancakes!!!

The basic recipe I originally found was

1 egg (or two egg whites)
    1 scoop protein powder
    Mix it up and pour small amounts onto a greased griddle.

These were more like crepes and are fairly eggy tasting.

However, there are a LOT of really interesting protein powder flavors available. This time I used banana cream Muscle Pharm Combat powder. Your chocolate powder with a few chocolate chips would be yummy! I've always just stuck to plain ol-vanilla whey powders, but now I'm opening up a whole new world :-) I even saw a cinnamon roll powder and am betting that would be divine!

In addition to the basic ingredients, I added a sprinkle of slivered almonds and some flax meal for fiber. The batter was a bit thick by then, so I added a spoonful of plain Greek yogurt because I thought the tang would go well with the banana flavor. You could always just add a splash of water/milk/almond milk to thin the batter as well.

I've been playing with this recipe for a while now and while the flavor was there, they were pretty darn dense. this time, i also added a teaspoon of baking powder. MUCH better!!

I didn't think they needed any sweetener, but YMMV. Flavored liquid stevia would probably be nice. OR, a squirt of DaVinci or Torrani sugar-free flavored coffee syrup

Even my husband liked them and he has no dietary restrictions, so he's usually fairly fussy about "diet crap"

Muscle Pharm - Combat Protein Powder Banana Cream, 1.5 Scoop
    Bob's Red Mill - Ground Flax Meal, 2 Tbsp
    Trader Joe's - Raw Blanched Slivered Almonds, 1/8 cup
    Faje - Total 0% Plain - Greek Yogurt, 0.25 cup
    Kroger - Grade A - Large Eggs, 2 egg
    Clabber Girl - Baking Powder (Double Acting, Gluten Free), 1 tsp

Combine all ingredients - I just used a bowl and whisk. Pour 1/4 c batter onto griddle (greased if necessary - I just use a spritz of cooking spray)

Total: 4 pancakes
    Per Serving (1 pancake):
    128 calories
    4 g carbs
    6 g fat
    16 g protein
    2 g fiber
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 2,951 Member
    I found a bunch on Pinterest this is one of my favorites

Protein bars!!!
    13 grams of protein 181 cals and 22 carbs!!!
    ~ ~ ~ Chocolate Protein Bars~ ~
    Dry ingredients:
    2 cups rolled oats
    1 cup chocolate whey protein powder
    ¼ cup nuts (I suggest chopped/slivered almonds or peanuts)
    ½ Tbsp. cinnamon

Wet ingredients:
    ½ cup Natural Peanut butter
    ¼ cup honey
    ¼ cup water
    ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
    1 tsp. vanilla
    Mix wet ingredients in Micro safe bowl. cook 30 secs mix until creamy might have to heat a little longer. Then mix the 2 together. I lined a 8X8 pan with wax paper, Put the mixture in the pan and press down. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes then flip it out and cut into 12 bars. we wrapped them in snack sized bags that way I can just grab and go!!

that sounds sooo good! i will make them tomorrow!

there is nothing wrong with finding a good recipe and baking with it... it's healthy and getting more protein in at the same time.. sounds good to me! :)