Gluten Free Vegans

Options
Looking to connect with gluten free vegans. Preferably female. Preferably open diaries. I feel best when adhering to this diet, but need support and ideas!

Replies

• lunaleah
    lunaleah Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    i'll send you a request, i'm a gluten free "mostly" vegetarian. I very rarely eat meat (fish mostly) and try to avoid dairy. I've been eating little to no gluten for about 2 months
  • hibran32
    hibran32 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian for 23 years (eggs and dairy only) and just went gluten free on 12/4/12. I gained weight becoming a vegetarian because I didn't replace meat with vegetables but with breads, pasta, pizza, etc. Being BF is definitely helping me make better choices though the real reason I'm doing it is due to multiple miscarriages due to an autoimmune issue. In addition to drugs, going GF will help reduce inflammation and thereby reduce my autoimmune response to pregnancy. Well, that's at least what reproductive immunologists suggest anyway. I'm considering going dairy free but that leaves me with vegetables, eggs, rice and AIR.
  • LifeChanged2000
    LifeChanged2000 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I will friend you...I am Gluten Free and am considered veg(when shopping) because I am allergic to eggs. I do want to warn you however because I do eat meat, but I have an open diary.
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I am GF for 2 yrs, no dairy and only meat if my husband hunts it. Diary closed right now but will be reopened in the next weeks. :)
  • clh126
    clh126 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I've come to find out that my psoriasis almost completely goes away if I abstain from dairy and gluten and I don't really eat much meat either so you could say that I'm also striving for a gluten-free vegan diet...I'm making small steps toward that at least. Feel free to add me if you like since I'm always looking for new ideas. My diary is open to friends although I haven't tracked in about a week.

I made this yesterday minus the dairy, plus coconut milk and doubled the spices and it was pretty amazing http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/winter-vegetable-tofu-korma-recipe.html