T.O.M for ladies only

Options
anyone have any advice with time of the month... it feels like i could eat a horse right now... very hungry but i have reached my calorie goal for today............. tom sucks

Replies

• dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Praise be to my hysterectomy! I don't have to deal with that anymore. But when I did there was nothing I could do except eat what I wanted and try desperately to keep it in moderation. Usually there were a couple of days when I could kill or at least maim for a brownie sundae. I just had to have it. So I'd have it, enjoy it, and move on. However, during the rest of the month I'd try to keep treats at a minimum because I knew those out of control days were coming up at some point.
  • RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    During mine last week I ate 3000 calories one day. If there was any way other than willpower, I'd be doing it!
  • sweetydelishus
    sweetydelishus Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Omg it's that time for me too, I just snuck into the kitchen and had 2 hersheys kisses. It's been so hard, I felt defeated these past few days. I even cheated and went over 200 cals on two days because I was really that hungry. =(
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Black coffee, unsweetened tea, or big glass of water.

Not cure-alls, but any of those can help with the hunger.
  • hyenagirl
    hyenagirl Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Lots of bacon. Fat is a great appetite suppressant and your body gets a little extra protein too.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I try to plan for a little salty or sweet as required each day of TOM...but if I forgot to leave room then I chew Extra Dessert Delights gum. It sates the sweet really well, but not so much the salty. I sometimes go over by 100 or a little more, but that is no big deal. Maybe a small piece of chocolate? I am having one tonight - small piece but 70% cocoa so a smal piece works out really well.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Lots of bacon. Fat is a great appetite suppressant and your body gets a little extra protein too.

YUMMY - Had bacon with dinner tonight...
  • NanaWubbie
    NanaWubbie Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Allow yourself one glass of wine.....you are human you know!
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Give yourself an extra 200-300! Your body is burning a few more calories with that going on.. =) Make sure its good stuff though! Drink extra water too...
  • trickycoolj
    trickycoolj Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Same here. I just made Trader Joe's Reduced Guilt Brownie Mix with applesauce and vanilla extract (no yogurt at home per instructions). Put them in a mini-muffin tin, 24 brownie bites- 63 cal each!

I have also made the mix successfully with pumpkin though the non dieting guy claimed he could taste it. My mom has made them with light coconut milk, tasty but very sticky they didn't firm up as much so be careful with the liquid/mix ratio on that one.
  • snowshoermom
    snowshoermom Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    oh and did i forget to mention i am also still breastfeeding my 4 month old.. LOL another thing that is making me hungry.... why do women have all these things.. men have it so easy..
  • wheezeybouncer
    wheezeybouncer Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I feeeeeel your pain! although the witch will shortly be leaving my house thankfully. but days 2/3 I often neeeed ;) chocolate. this time i've wanted more savoury and that's been just as bad LOL. So glad the youngest seems to (finally!) be weaning off the boobie! allow extra cause your body needs it to deal with the double whammy of TOTM and BF a baby
  • jenniferpoore92
    jenniferpoore92 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    sugar free hot cocoa will feed the chocolate cravings- and if its really bad?? sugar free cool whip to top it off!