Zumba Fitness vs Just Dance

Options
I would love to hear your opinion on which you think is more fun! Zumba Fitness or Just Dance? I've been looking to purchase Zumba Fitness 2 or Just Dance 4 for my Wii, but I can't decide which one to get! I know that any cardio workout is good for you, but I want to do one that is a ton of fun! I've read both of them are super fun but Just Dance seems to have better song choices. Let me know which you think is better and why. I'm having a very hard time deciding. Thanks for your help!

Oh yeah, forgot to mention I'm a total newbie to dancing so that is a big factor too :)

Replies

• nikongirl29
    nikongirl29 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I can't figure out Just Dance? If that helps lol
  • louhmi
    louhmi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My grand daughter has just dance 4 and loves it but she knows all the songs so that helps.
  • GreenStars
    GreenStars Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have Just Dance 2, 3, and 4 and Zumba Core - I much prefer the Just Dance titles. I love to dance, and loved taking actual Zumba classes. My reasoning: the Just Dance titles have more recognizable songs, which for me make the dance part of it much easier. Plus I think it's easier to find a dance 'playlist' that you enjoy and will do a lot and look forward to doing.
  • nikongirl29
    nikongirl29 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Maybe you guys can help me figure out what I'm doing wrong - I have Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party 3 and all I am able to do is use the controller to match arrows up. I thought it was where you follow dance moves, but it's just a video playing in the background and I'm having to use my controller - even on the balance board to match arrows. Am I doing it wrong or did I get the wrong game?
  • Lyndseed
    Lyndseed Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    For me, live zumba classes are so much fun, the zumba video game just feels disappointing. I've played just dance & just dance 2, as well as just dance disney with my nieces and sister in law-- they were all a lot of fun. I love that they have plenty of songs you're familiar with, and loved the kids' version that got family members of all ages involved!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Maybe you guys can help me figure out what I'm doing wrong - I have Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party 3 and all I am able to do is use the controller to match arrows up. I thought it was where you follow dance moves, but it's just a video playing in the background and I'm having to use my controller - even on the balance board to match arrows. Am I doing it wrong or did I get the wrong game?

Isn't that supposed to be danced on a special pad?

The Zumba games only record if you are keeping on the beat, the just dance games are more concerned with arm movements. But in the long run, you should probably make your decision based on what kind of music you prefer.
  • ruststar
    ruststar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I have just about every dance game out there, including Zumba. I like the music better in the Just Dance and Dance Central games, but with all the pausing and time between songs I get annoyed with using them as a workout. I don't love the Zumba music, and wish there was more popular muisc on there, it is a much better workout for me.
  • Lakerlady5747
    Lakerlady5747 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have Just Dance 3, Just Dance 4 and Zumba Core, all for the Wii. Personally, I think Zumba Core gives me a better workout because it has tons of pre-loaded workout "playlists," so you keep your heart rate up. Also, I like that some songs/dances are listed for warm-ups and others for cool-downs. Zumba Core also allows you to enter your age and weight, and will tell you how many calories you burned. I will say that I think the steps are harder in Zumba Core, but I figure that I will only get better and more coordinated with practice.

Having said all that, I do really like Just Dance 3 and Just Dance 4, just not really for the workout purpose. I will say that I love playing those 2 games with my husband. The bonus is that we're doing something together at night that's active and not just sitting and watching TV.
  • soniabogonia
    soniabogonia Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Just Dance 4 is fun! And you can sing along!
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I have Just Dance 1, 2 and 3 and the Zumba 1 and Zumba 3 for the Wii..

For working out I prefer Zumba. I tried to do Just Dance but didn't feel it gave me the same burn. Zumba has more of workout for me.. I don't mind Just Dance when playing with my kids but not for my primary cardio.
  • kelly1142
    kelly1142 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I love just dance. I wore my HRM while doing it and burned over 400 calories doing one of the workouts. I am a runner so this is a nice change every once in a while.
  • JamieG8991
    JamieG8991 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Just Dance is fun, but I REALLY love Zumba Core for the Wii...oh, I just love Zumba!!! I take classes at the gym, too....most fun workout ever!!!
  • LdyPsych
    LdyPsych Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I much prefer the just dance wii's vs. Zumba. First, I like a lot of the songs on the just dance series and secondly I am not sure that my body is meant to move the way that Zumba wants it to move!

PS. Th only downside of just dance is the amount of lag time between songs (for me, that lag is frustrating).
  • dawnfto
    dawnfto Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have Just Dance 4, Zumba 2 and Zumba Core! I prefer Zumba 2 but everyone is different. Give them all a try :)
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba Core and Just Dance 2 for my XBOX, I think I like Just Dance better. Go to a gamestop and buy it used, rather than new. Used games you can return for full price within 7 days for whatever reason.
  • carryingon
    carryingon Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Just dance hands down. The moves on Zumba two are complicated for newbies. Lots of learn this step kind of thing. Just dance = mirror the person on the screen, which is similar to doing aerobics. :flowerforyou: On the other hand I gave my zumba 2 to a coworker who loves salsa dancing and she loves it! So to each there own:ohwell:
  • Desdemina
    Desdemina Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I have the xBox with Kinect and love Dance Central, especially the latest one. You may not be interested in buying an xBox if you don't already have one, but it's so much better using your whole body as the controller. You can cheat so easily with the Wii! Just hold the controller where it's supposed to be! I also had a hard time getting things to record correctly with the Wii, so I just danced along with the moves and didn't worry about the score. You can't cheat with the xBox! But that makes it really nice with games like Your Shape because it checks your form and gives feedback.

As far as the question about the DDR games, you have to have the dance pad to play them. I love them, though, used to play those all of the time!
  • LolaBug85
    LolaBug85 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    You are all awesome! Thanks for the help! I went ahead and got Just Dance 4 so I'll do that for a while and figured I will eventually get Zumba also to mix it up. Thanks for the opinions :)
  • mdcoug
    mdcoug Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Since I do Just Dance with my daughters and let them pick the songs, I usually have a loooong time in between each song. I'll just run and jump in place until they finally pick one.
  • hockeyd11
    hockeyd11 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Since I do Just Dance with my daughters and let them pick the songs, I usually have a loooong time in between each song. I'll just run and jump in place until they finally pick one.
    This is exactly what my son does! It's like just pick a song so I can keep moving!