The tough days :(

Options
I know weight loss is a journey, but sometimes it feels so slow. Some days progress feels great, but others it feels like I am going no where. Am I ever going to get to my goal weight? Why is it taking so long? I ask myself these questions and then I begin to get angry at myself. Disappointed even. I know achieving goals takes work, but how do you get through these days? The days where your goals and dreams seem to far. Even though I have lost 2.5 kg, sometimes it feels like nothing. And sometimes it feels like achieving 'that body' is just not possible.

Please help me with some advice to get through these tough days! :(:heart:

Replies

• dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I know what you mean. We are forced to have patience. I try to view it week by week because I usually see a loss of a pound a week. If I tell myself I'm just trying to get to the end of the week I can manage it. I just have to try to stop having unrealistic expectations. This is the way it is. I'm not on The Biggest Loser. I try to remind myself that I'm in this for the long haul and getting emotional about it doesn't help. That'll only make me want to eat. I have to take the emotion out of it or I'll never make it.
  • celticmedic
    celticmedic Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    The key is to remember what the good days feel like and use those for motivation. Everyone has times when they feel like they aren't accomplishing anything. I just think about what I have already accomplished and realize I don't want to go back to where I was.
  • Crawkins
    Options
    It took us quite some time to get plump too, so we can't expect to get our dream bodies overnight. Just set little goals for yourself maybe once a month. Go shopping or plan a little event you can get excited about looking good for!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    It gets easier the more progress you make. Just keep pushing forward.

I also spent most of my time reminding myself how quickly I'd undo all my hard work if I gave up and went back to how I used to be.

I still remind myself of that sometimes.
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    Just remind yourself: "Weight is just the effect of gravity on me. It has nothing to do whith how awesome I am!"
  • LeslieAnnex3
    Options
    TODAY, IT SNOWED LIKE CRAZY.
    We got a few feet of snow over here in Rhode Island.

And I felt myself slipping into "cozy" mode. I wanted hot chocolate and brownies. I wanted pizza, chinese, and all that fattening stuff that is horrible for me. I was looking forward to staying in, watching movies all night, and just relaxing.

BUT INSTEAD,
    I ate a spinach, egg and cheese wrap for breakfast, did some sit ups, lateral raises, and ate a salad for dinner.
    Healthy food appealed to me way more than the pizza I was planning to waste money on. I wasn't even really craving it. I just thought it would be fun to relax like I use to on snow days.

THIS IS PROOF ::
    No matter if the scale tells me any specific numbers or not, I'm changing. My mindset is different. My habits are healthier. And that's more important than any number on a scale.

THAT MEANS YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, yes YOU can do it too. Change your habits. Change your mindset. Eventually it will become easier because you'll be use to it.

DOOOO NOTTT GIVE UPPPPPP
    EVER.
    KEEP PUSHING
    YOU WANT THIS.
    DON'T LET IT GO FOR A MOMENT OF LAZINESS OR "YUMMY" FOOD.

Your choice. : Make progress, or keep making excuses.

YOU HAVE 4 MONTHS TIL JUNE.
    Where will you be?

PUSH
  • kuger4119
    kuger4119 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Judging by your picture and how close you are to your goal weight....you undoubtedly look great. Hit the gym if you can and make those last few pounds the most meaningful of the bunch.
  • Codysumner9
    Options
    Keep your mind on that one thing that keeps you driving on. dont worry about what you havent lost yet . it takes time to do this. How much do you work out? and how do you work out? and are you on a diet?
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    When I remember that this is my new lifestyle, I can relax a little about how slowly the weight comes off.

I mostly eat clean, but I fit in things like BBQ now and then, because I know I wont go without that for the rest of my life.

I make sure I get some kind of physical activity every day, because I do want to be able to do all those fun things for the rest of my life. I am building up a list of things to try as I get more fit: a trampoline playground, a parkour gym, acro yoga, maybe even trapeze if I get really brave!

Finally, my reward system is based on longevity. As long asi stick with the program, I get rewards.
  • 1JenMilam
    1JenMilam Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Tough days are the days that I do a side by side of me at my heaviest and me now. It usually puts me back in the grove. Some days are easier than others and some days it is an hour by hour struggle.

Hang in there you can do anything!!!
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    563607_10200204191417696_61360743_n.jpg

She said Journey right?

anyway, one day at a time set smaller goals that you can reach quicker.
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    i made my journey more about getting fit than getting thin. it takes ages to lose weight, but my running improved really quickly and i could easily measure it. so, that's how i kept going- it's because i continually saw improvements and didn't feel downhearted at any point. the weight took a while to shift though.
  • Adrini
    Adrini Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm a musical nerd but I remember the line from Rent.

"There's only us, there's only this. Forget regret or life is yours to miss. No other course, no other way. No day but today."

Remember the power of the moment, if you can.
  • DeeDel32
    DeeDel32 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Just read an article on this.

Focus on the immediate benefits, like how good you feel immediately after a workout and focus on those.

It's hard to keep motivated when you focus on a goal like weight loss that could be months away.

For me, it's a lot easier to get a run in knowing the buzz I'll get after it's done. :)

Good luck!
  • smileforme12
    Options
    Keep your mind on that one thing that keeps you driving on. dont worry about what you havent lost yet . it takes time to do this. How much do you work out? and how do you work out? and are you on a diet?

Hi :) I exercise every day - usually 50 minutes of walking on the treadmill (varying the speed and incline) and a 7.5 minute ab exercise workout. I'm not on a "diet" per-say but I eat healthy (no white carbs etc) but treat my self to a small piece of chocolate each day or something like that to keep me sane :)

It's just the slow progress that gets me down! But everyones encouragement on here is so motivating to keep going!!
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I try to fit a little treat in when I want. As long as Im within calories and have been good otherwise then I dont worry to much. Or if I want pizza il make a healthy one instead. This was a good message ,
    Im trying to tone and lose fat and not obsess with scales anymore
  • Petrapoo45
    Petrapoo45 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Ive had a bit of a rough patch myself the last week. Its so easy to get carried away by excuses. In my neck of the woods we've had either -20 degree temps, or a foot a snow. Having to work late, or make dinner...blah blah blah. Im so glad to have joined this site, with other people who can relate to me on the tough days!! As long as you recognize what you are doing as unhealthy, that means you can learn from your mistakes and start fresh the next day. and come to the boards and vent out your frustrations!!! helps every time!!
  • wormy80
    wormy80 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Bump