upsetting

Options
we had a party this weekend for my hubby, im so disgusted, one i had my hair cut , thought it would be easier(not) and then m,y daughter took losts opf pics one with my hair cut and me being over weight ummmm upsetting ,,back to the drawing board again
:noway: :noway: :noway: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
]20033.png[/url]

Replies

• jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    we had a party this weekend for my hubby, im so disgusted, one i had my hair cut , thought it would be easier(not) and then m,y daughter took losts opf pics one with my hair cut and me being over weight ummmm upsetting ,,back to the drawing board again
    :noway: :noway: :noway: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
    ]20033.png[/url]
  • aaubrey
    aaubrey Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I undertsand. I went on a romantic weekend with my hubby and i thought that I looked good...then I saw the pics. I spent some extra time in the gym. But, remember the way we view ourselves is not how the world sees us. You have lost a good bit of weight already use those pics as motivation...and well hair grows:tongue:
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    You will have a cool hair cut for this summer, and by winter when you need it, it will be long again. :happy: You have lost several pounds, so don't beat yourself up if you don't think you look picture perfect yet. I think it takes time to tone up the muscles where the weight use to be. Be patient.:wink:
  • erin0412
    erin0412 Posts: 21
    Options
    I'm so sorry about how you're feeling:cry: But I see your 15 lbs. lost and I think you should be happy that your 15 lbs lighter for this year's birthday pics, as opposed to the ones taken prior to your 15 lb. loss.

I totally understand though. Can I share? Two weeks ago while walking across my back patio, my sandal got caught in my dog's tie-out leash and down I went. My son and my husband were there. I, unfortunately, make fun of myself for my weight and other such shortcomings. Instead of asking me if I was okay immediately after falling, my son said, "Wow, I've never seen someone obese fall like that." I excused my sore body and broken spirit and I cried and cried and cried, but after moving past it, I realized that I invited his comment by not treating myself with respect and by poking fun of my weight. We had a good conversation about self-respect and that if you don't respect yourself, you can't expect others to respect you. We also talked about being sensitive about other's feelings and maybe not saying the first thing that pops into your head :wink:

I know it's tough sometimes and boy, it can take a long time to feel good about how we look and what we weigh! Consider these pics your before or mid-weight loss pics! Good luck!
  • jakspak
    jakspak Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    can i just shear
    that on friday we went to my husbands work function big dress up art deco theme i got this dress thought it was awsome i felt good in it and everyone all night didnt recognise me and said how hot i looked and the dress was stunning etc one compliment after the other (now i havnt seen the pics taken at the function ) but when i got home and saw the pics we took here before leaving i thought oh my god si let me out like that oh gross discusting my god. but i have to keep remembering that obviousely people never saw me like i am right now and i have come along way since last years function so what im saying
    is dont be to hard on yourself you are your own worse critic and they may be thinking the same about themseves.
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I excused my sore body and broken spirit and I cried and cried and cried, but after moving past it, I realized that I invited his comment by not treating myself with respect and by poking fun of my weight. We had a good conversation about self-respect and that if you don't respect yourself, you can't expect others to respect you. We also talked about being sensitive about other's feelings and maybe not saying the first thing that pops into your head :wink:

I am so sorry that that comment hurt...just seeing your phrase "broken spirit" made me tear up. You are so right that it always boils down to self-respect. All the love that you lavish on your family you need to also lavish on yourself in the same amounts and with the same feeling of "I love you no matter what."

Hang in there, we will ALL get where we want to be, but along the way let's remember that the kingdom truly is within. Don't let the photos or the bumps in the road ever shake your belief in your own self-worth!
  • erin0412
    erin0412 Posts: 21
    Options
    Wandering Light -

Thanks for your kindness and motivational words - - - hurts less already:flowerforyou:
  • Wizzle
    Wizzle Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone's posts. You’re doing so great. You have already lost 15 lbs! It is hard to lose weight and 15 lbs is definitely an accomplishment.

I know how you feel though. I have lost 20 lbs and I still don't always feel as though I look really great. I actually got my hair cut this past March and I had only lost 10 lbs. I thought that it made me look awful because I was still uncomfortable with my weight. However, I realized and I am sure you will that sometimes we are harder on ourselves than we have to be. Just because we see an certain image of ourselves doesn't mean that everyone else sees us that way to. Just try and remain positive. You'll get where you want to go... it just takes time. Keep telling yourself how well you have done and that should drive you to work harder towards your goal. Oh, and if all else fails: I always buy a great pair of shoes if I am feeling really low.

Also, Erin0412. That must of really hurt. I know what it feels like. I do stuff like that all the time. Especially, because I feel that if I am already making fun of my weight it will save someone else the trouble of doing it. Your absolutely right though, no matter what weight anyone is we should respect ourselves.

I think your both doing a great job. Keep it up.

65072.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I was so where you are just a few days ago....in fact I posted o the same topic. The support here helped but I still sting a little over those pictures. All I can say is that the camera is more of an enemy than the scale and I'm not letting anyone near me with one any time soon.

I'm sure you looked great. Feel better and continue the good fight.