Calories changed??

Options
Hi, my sister had set up my MFP account as a way to get my bum going and she had input the wrong height. So I went in there and changed it to the correct height which is actually an inch shorter and now it says I have 247 calories remaining instead of the 17 beforehand. Is this right?

Replies

• Danni3ll3
    Danni3ll3 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Did you change any of the other parameters? Because I would think that you would end up with less calories, not more if you are really an inch shorter.
  • janisdianis
    janisdianis Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    No I didn't, that is why I am so puzzled! Seems like I would get less too! Idk..... :/
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 Member
    Options
    It does seem a strange one, your calories should perhaps have gone down for the change in height and at 7 lbs down you were 3 lbs away from being prompted to update your profile which should have also led to a decrease in calories.
    MFP prompts you at 10 lb intervals since the last change you make in that my home > settings > update diet /fitness profile. So if you don't change anything else until you hit 17 lbs lost you'd get prompted to update the profile then.
    I just checked on mine and there was a total of 16 calories in the difference for a 1 inch height change.
    Did you perhaps have an exercise logged or a fitbit or other synced app update that gave you exercise calories while you were correcting your height?
  • janisdianis
    janisdianis Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I figured out what it was. I had told her to put that I wanted to lose 2 lbs per week, when I looked at the drop down options I had changed that to the recommended 1 lb per week, that was the dif! Ugh...been a long day and we are getting too much white stuff my way as well...... They stayed at 1200 with losing an inch of my height though even when I put "how many pounds I want to lost per week" back where it was!